TRUNG HIẾU - VIỆT NGA
600 ESSENTIAL WORDS FOR THE TOEIC
(Sách online - 600 từ cơ bản dành cho luyện thi Toeic)
Chắc hẳn với dân luyện thi Toeic thì cuốn 600 essential words for the Toeic được coi như là cuốn sách gối đầu mà bạn nào ôn thi Toeic cũng nên có. Nội dung của cuốn sách được chia thành 50 bài với 50 chủ đề từ vựng khác, mỗi bài gồm 12 từ vựng rất hữu ích và hay gặp trong các kỳ thi Toeic.
Tuy nhiên, đã có rất nhiều bạn cảm thấy nản lòng khi học quyển này mặc dù nó được thiết kế khá công phu và tỉ mỉ. Nguyên nhân chủ yếu là do cuốn sách này được viết bằng tiếng Anh, nên không có nghĩa tiếng Việt cho từng từ. Hơn nữa, các từ mới trong cuốn sách này lại không có phiên âm và file nghe cho từng từ. Thấy được sự khó khăn khi học, ban quản trị fan page TOEIC BOOK STORE chúng tôi đã biên soạn để khắc phục những phần còn thiếu này của cuốn sách. Cuốn 600 essential words phiên bản cải tiến được biên soạn gồm 100 trang bổ sung những phần còn thiếu của cuốn gốc gồm:
❶ Nghĩa tiếng Việt của từng từ mới trong bài
❷ Có file nghe riêng cho từng từ giọng bản ngữ, giúp các bạn làm quen với các từ mới 1 cách dễ nhất (Sách được kèm theo miễn phí 1 cd file nghe các từ - 50 bài)
❸ Phiên âm các từ chuẩn theo từ điển Oxford
Hy vọng với phần bổ sung thêm này, các bạn có thể dễ dàng học các từ mới cho bài thi Toeic. Xin chân thành cám ơn! Người thực hiện : Trung Hiếu và Việt Nga
(hợp đồng, giao kèo, khế ước, giấy ký kết)
1/ Abide by /əˈbʌɪd/ v. to comply with, to conform: tuân thủ, tôn trọng Ex: The two parties agreed to abide by the judge’s decision.
2/ Agreement /ə'gri:mənt/ n. a mutual arrangement, a contract (hợp đồng, giao kèo) Ex: According to the agreement, the caterer will also supply the flowers for the event
3/ Assurance /ə'ʃuərəns/ n. q guarantee, confidence (sự chắc chắn; sự tin chắc; điều chắc chắn, điều tin chắc)
Ex: The sales associate gave his assurance that the missing keyboard would be replaced the next day
4/ Cancel /ˈkans(ə)l/ v. to annul, to call off (hủy bỏ)
Ex: The cancellation of her flight caused her problems for the rest of the week
5/ Determine /di'tə:min/ v. to find out, to influence (định, xác định, định rõ)
Ex: After reading the contract, I was still unable to determine if our company was liable for back wages
6/ Engage / in'geidʒ/ v. to hire, to involve+ ( dàn xếp để tuyển dụng một người; thuê một ngườ i)
Ex: Before engaging in a new business, it is important to do through research
7/ Establish /is'tæbli∫/ v. to institute permanently, to bring about ( lâp̣ , thành lập , thiết lâp̣ , kiến lâp̣ )
Ex: The merger of the two companies established a powerful new corporation
8/ Obligate / 'ɔbligei/ v. to bind legally or morally ( bắ t buôc̣ , ép buộc) Ex: The contractor was obligated by the contract to work 40 hours a week Obligation /,ɔbli'gei∫n/ n. obligatory adj. ( nghĩa vụ, bổ n phâṇ )
9/ Party /ˈpɑːti/ n. a person or group participating in an action or plan, the persons or sides (buổi tiệc, liên hoan) concerned in a legal matter (tham gia, biết về hoặc ủng hộ một kế hoạch, một hành động..)
Ex: The parties agreed to a settlement in their contract dispute
10/ Provision /provision/ n. a measure taken beforehand, a stipulation (điều khoản) Provider n. provision n.
Ex: The father made provisions for his children through his will
11/ Resolve /ri'zɔlv/ v. to deal with successfully, to declare ( quyết tâm , ý kiên quyết)
Ex: The mediator was able to resolve the problem to everyone’s satisfaction
12/ Specify /spesi, fai/ v. to mention explicitly (chỉ rõ, ghi rõ, định rõ, ghi chú vào phần chi tiết kỹ thuật)
Specification n. (sự chỉ rõ, sự định rõ) specific adj. (rõ ràng, rành mạch) Ex: In a contract, one specific word can change the meaning dramatically
(thị trường, nơi tiêu thụ; khách hàng) 1/ Attract /ə'trækt/ v. to draw by appeal (thu hút, hấp dẫn, lôi cuốn) Attraction n. attractive adj.
Ex: The display attracted a number of people at the convention
2/ Compare /kəm'peə/ v. to examine similarities and differences Ex: Once the customer compared the two products, her choice was easy
· (+ with) so, đối chiếu
o to compare the orginal with the copy so nguyên bản với bản sao
· (+ to) so sánh
o poets often compare sleep to death các nhà thơ thường so sánh giấc ngủ với cái chết
· (ngôn ngữ học) tạo cấp so sánh (của tính từ, phó từ)
Comparison n/kəm'pærisn/. comparable /'kɔmpərəbl/adj. (có thể so sánh được)
3/ Compete /kəm'pi:t/ v. to strive against a rival (đua tranh, ganh đua, cạnh tranh) Ex: In the competition for afternoon diners, Hector’s has come out on top
4/ Consume /kən'sju:m/ v. to absorb, to use up (dùng, tiêu thụ)
Consumer /kən'sju:mə/ n. người tiêu dùng, người tiêu thụ (hàng hoá, thực phẩm...) consumable /kən'sju:məbl/ adj. (có thể ăn được, có thể tiêu thụ được)
Ex: The business plans consumed all of Fritz’s attention this fall
5/ Convince /kən'vins/ v. to bring to believe by argument, to persuade (làm cho tin, làm cho nghe theo, thuyết phục)
Ex: The salesman convinced his customer to by his entire inventory of pens
6/ Current /ˈkʌr(ə)nt/ adj. Happening or existing at the present time, adv. To be on top of things (chiều, hướng (dư luận, tư tưởng...)
Ex: We are currently exploring plans to update the MX3 model
7/ Fad /fæd/ n. a practice followed enthusiastically for a short time, a craze (mốt) Ex: Classic tastes may seem boring but they have proven to resist fads
8/ Inspire /in'spaiə/ v. to spur on, to stimulate imagination or emotion. (truyền (cảm hứng, ý nghĩ...); truyền cảm hứng cho (ai), gây cảm hứng cho (ai)
Ex: His work is an inspiration to the marketing department
9/ Market /ˈmɑːkɪt/ v. the course of buying and selling a product, n. the demand for a product (giá thị trường; tình hình thị trường)
Marketing n. marketable adj.
Ex: The market for brightly colored clothing was brisk last year, but it’s moving sluggishly this year
10/ Persuade /pə'sweid/ v. to move by argument or logic (làm cho tin; thuyết phục) Ex: The seminar teaches techniques of persuasion to increase sales
11/ Productive /prəˈdʌktɪv/ adj. Constructive, high yield (sản xuất) Ex: The unproductive sales meeting brought many staff complaints
12/ Satisfy /'sætisfai/ v. to make happy (làm thoả mãn, làm vừa lòng, đáp ứng (được yêu cầu, điều kiện...))
Ex: Your satisfaction is guaranteed or you’ll get your money back
1/ Characteristic /,kæriktə'ristik/ adj. Revealing of individual traits (riêng, riêng biệt, đặc thù, đặc trưng)
Ex : One characteristic of the store is that it is slow in mailing refund checks
2/ Consequence /'kɔnsikwəns/ n. that which follows necessarily (tầm quan trọng, tính trọng đại)
Ex : As a consequence of not having seen a dentist for several years, Lydia had several cavities
3/ Consider /kən'sidə/ v. to think about carefully (cân nhắc, xem xét, suy xét, suy nghĩ)
Consideration n. considerable
Ex: After considering all the options, Della decided to by a used car
4/ Cover /ˈkʌvə/ v. to provide protection against (che, phủ, bao phủ, bao trùm, bao bọc)
Ex: Will my medical insurance cover this surgery?
5/ Expire /iks'paiə/ v. to come to an end (mãn hạn, kết thúc, hết hiệu lực (luật); mai một, mất đi)
Ex: Have you checked the expiration date on this yogurt?
6/ Frequently /'fri:kwənt/ adv. Occurring commonly, widespread (thường xuyên, hay xảy ra, có luôn)
Ex: Appliances frequently come with a one-year warranty
7/ Imply /im'plai/ v. to indicate by inference (ý nói; ngụ ý; bao hàm ý)
Ex: The guarantee on the Ipod implied that all damages were covered under warranty for one year.
8/ Promise /ˈprɒmɪs/ v. n. to pledge to do, bring about, or provide (lời hứa, điều hứa, điều hẹn ước; sự hứa hẹn)
Ex: A warranty is a promise the manufacture makes to the customer
9/ Protect /prəˈtɛkt/ v. to guard (bảo vệ, sự bảo vệ, chê chở) Protection n. protective adj.
Ex: Consumer laws are designed to protect the public against unscrupulous vendors
10/ Reputation /,repju:'teiʃn/ n. the overall quality of character (tiếng tốt, thanh danh, danh tiếng)
Reputable adj. Reputed adj. ('repjutəbl) (có tiếng tốt, danh giá; đáng kính trọng)
Ex: The company knew that the reputation of its products was the most important assest it had
11/ Require /ri'kwaiə/ v. to deem necessary or essential (đòi hỏi, yêu cầu) Requirement n. requisite adj.
Ex: The law requires that each item clearly display the warranty information.
12/ Vary /'veəri/ v. to be different from another, to change (làm cho khác nhau, thay đổi, biến đổi)
Ex: There’s a variety of standard terms that you’ll find in warranties
(Kế hoạch kinh doanh)
1/ Address /əˈdrɛs/ v. to direct to the attention of (địa chỉ, chuyển đi tới ) Ex: The article praised her address to the steering committee
2/ Avoid /ə'vɔid/ v. to stay clear of, to keep from happening (tránh, tránh xa) Ex: To avoid going out of business, owners should prepare a proper business plan
3/ Demonstrate /'demənstreit/ v. to show clearly and deliberately, to present by example ( chứng minh, giải thích, bày tỏ, biểu lộ, làm thấy rõ)
Ex: The professor demonstrated through a case study that a business plan can impress a lender
Demonstration n. demonstrative adj.
4/ Develop /di'veləp/ v. to expand, progress, or improve (phát triển, mở mang, mở rộng, khuếch trương, làm cho phát đạt)
Ex: The restaurant wanda opened ten years ago has developed into a national chain Development n. developer n.
5/ Evaluate /i'væljueit/ v. to determine the value or impact of (ước lượng , định giá) Evaluation n. evaluator n.
Ex: The lenders evaluated our creditability and decided to loan us money
6/ Gather /'gæðə/ v. to accumulate, to conclude (tập hợp lại, tụ họp lại, kéo đến) Ex: I gather that interest rates for small businesses will soon change
7/ Offer /ˈɒfə/ v. to propose, to present in order to meet a need or satisfy a requirement (đưa ra đề nghị)
Ex: devon accepted our offer to write the business plan
8/ Primary /'praiməri/ adj. Most important, first in a list, series, or sequence (chủ yếu, chính, bậc nhất)
Ex: The developers are thinking primarily of how to enter the south American market
9/ Risk /rɪsk/ n. the chance of loss or damage (sự rủi ro, sự nguy hiểm) Ex: Expanding into a new market is a big risk
10/ Strategy /'strætidʤi)/ n. a plan of action (chiến lược) Ex: Let’s develop a strategy for promoting our ice cream parlor Strategize n. strategic adj.
11/ Strong /strɒŋ/ adj. Powerful, economically or financially sound (mạnh khỏe, bền vững)
Ex: Even in a strong economic climate many businesses fail, so do your planning carefully
12/ Substitute /'sʌbstitju:t/ v. to take the place of another (thế, thay thế) Ex: There is no substitution for hard work and perseverance
1/ Accommodate /ə'kɔmədeit/ v. to fit, to provide with something needed (điều tiết, làm cho thích nghi, làm cho phù hợp)
Accommodation n. accommodating adj.
Ex: The meeting room was large enough to accommodate the various needs of the groups using it
2/ Arrangement /ə'reindʤmənt/ n , the plan or organization (sự sắp xếp, sự sắp đặt, cái được sắp xếp, cái được sắp đặt)
Ex: The arrangement of speakers was alphabetical to avoid any hurt feelings
3/ Association /ə,sousi'eiʃn/ n, an organization of persons or groups having a common interest (hội, hội liên hiệp; đoàn thể, công ty)
Ex: Local telephone companies formed an association to serve common goals, meet their common needs, and improve efficiency
4/ Attend /ə'tend/ v, to go to, to pay attention to (dự, có mặt) Attendee n., attendance n.
Ex: The hotel manager attended to all our needs promptly
5/ Get in touch v, to make contact with (giữ liên lạc)
Ex: As soon as we arrive at the hotel, we will get in touch with the manager about the unexpected guests
6/ Hold /həʊld/ v, to accommodate; to conduct (tổ chức, tiến hành) Ex: This meeting room holds at least 80 people comfortably
7/ Location /lou'keiʃn/ n, a position or site (vị trí)
Ex: The location of the meeting was changed from the Red Room to the Green Groom
8/ Overcrowded /'ouvə'kraud/ a, too crowded (kéo vào quá đông, dồn vào quá đông) Ex: To avoid being crowded, we limited the number of guests that members could bring
9/ Register /ˈrɛdʒɪstə/ v, to record (đăng ký) Register n. registration n.
Ex: Hotels ask all guests to resgister and give a home address
10/ Select /sɪˈlɛkt/ v, to choose from a group (chọn, lựa chọn) Selection n. selective adj.(sự lựa chọn)
Ex: The winners were a select group
11/ Session /ˈsɛʃ(ə)n/ n, a meeting buổi họp, kỳ họp, khóa học Ex: Due to the popularity of this course, we will offer two sessions
12/ Take part in v, to join or participate ( tham gia, tham dự)
Ex: We could not get enough people to take part in the meeting, so we canceled it
1/ Access /ˈaksɛs/ v, to obtain, to gain entry (truy cập, đường vào) Access n. accessible adj.
Ex: We accessed the information on the company’s website
2/ Allocate /'æləkeit/ v, to designate for a specific purpose (chỉ định, chia phần) Ex: The office manager did not allocate enough money to purchase software
3/ Compatible /kəm’pætəbl/ a, able to function together (tương tác, thích ứng) Ex: This operating system is not compitable with this model computer
4/ Delete /dɪˈliːt/ v, to remove; to erase (xóa)
Ex: The technicians deleted all the data on the disk accidentally
5/ Display /dɪˈspleɪ/ n, what is visible on a monitor; v, to show (trình bày, trưng bày)
Ex: The light on the LCD display is too weak
6/ Duplicate /´dju:plikit/ v, to produce something equal; to make identical (bản sao, gấp đôi)
Duplicate n. duplication n,
Ex: Before you leave, please duplicate that file by making a copy on the CD- ROM
7/ Fail /feɪl/ v, not to succeed; not to work correctly (trượt, không thành công) Failure n. fallible adj.
Ex: The repeated failure of her printer baffled the technician
8/ Figure out /ˈfɪgə/ v, to understand , to solve (chỉ ra, hiểu ra)
Ex: We figured out that it would take uss at least ten minutes to download the file
9/ Ignore /ɪgˈnɔː/ v, not to notice; to disregard (bỏ qua, lờ đi) Ex: Don’t ignore the technician’s advice when connecting cables
10/ Search /səːtʃ/ v, to look for; n, investigation (tìm kiếm, tìm hiểu) Ex: Our search of the database produced very little information
11/ Shut down /ʃʌt/ /daʊn/ v, to turn off; to cease operation (đóng lại, ngừng lại) Ex: Please shut down the computer before you leave
12/ Warn /wɔːn/ v, to alert; to tell about a danger or problem (cảnh báo) Warning n. warning adj.
Ex: The red flashing light gives a warning to users that the battery is low
1/ Affordable /əˈfɔːdəbəl/ a, able to be paid for; not too expensive (hợp lý) Ex: The company’s first priority was to find an affordable phone system
2/ As needed adv, as necessary (cần thiết)
Ex: The courier service did not come every day, only as needed
3/ Be in charge of v, to be in control or command of (có trách nhiệm, nghĩa vụ)
Ex: Your computer should not be in charge of you, rather you should be in charge of your computer
4/ Capacity /kəˈpasɪti/ n, the ability to contain or hold; the maximum that something can hold (sức chứa, khả năng)
Ex: The new conference room is much larger and has a capacity of one hundred people
5/ Durable /ˈdjʊərəb(ə)l/ a, sturdy, strong, lasting (lâu bền) Ex: These chairs are more durable than the first ones we looked at
6/ Initiative /ɪˈnɪʃɪətɪv, -ʃə-/ n, the first step; an active role (sáng kiến) Initiate v. initiation n.
Ex: Employees are encouraged to take the initiative and share their ideas with management
7/ Physical /ˈfɪzɪk(ə)l/ a, perceived by the senses (vật chất, điều gì đó liên quan đến tự nhiên)
Ex: The computer screen is making her physically sick
8/ Provider /prəˈvʌɪdə/ n, a supplier (nhà cung cấp)
Provide v. provision n.
Ex: The department was extremely pleased with the service they received from the phone provider
9/ Recur /rɪˈkəː/ v, to occur again or repeatedly (tái diễn, tái hiện) Recurrence n. recurring adj.
Ex: The managers did not want that particular error to recur
10/ Reduction /rɪˈdʌkʃ(ə)n/ n, a lessening , a decrease (thu nhỏ, giảm bớt) Reduce v. reducible adj.
Ex: The reduction in office staff has made it necessary to automate more job functions
11/ Stay on top of v, to know what is going on; to know the latest information (cập nhật)
Ex: In this industry, you must stay on top of current developments
12/ Stock /stɒk/ n, a supply; v, to keep on hand (dự trữ, cổ phần) Ex: The employees stocked the shelves on a weekly basis
1/ Appreciate /əˈpriːʃɪeɪt, -sɪ-/ v, to recognize, understand the importance of; to be thankful for (đánh giá cao)
Appreciation n. appreciated adj.
Ex: In appreciation of your hard work on the Castcon project, the department will hold a casual lunch party on November third
2/ be made of v, to consist of (tạo nên) Ex: This job will really test whay you are made of
3/ Bring in /brɪŋ/ v, to hire or recruit; to cause to appear (dẫn tới, mang tới ) Ex: The company president wanted to bring on an efficiency consultant
4/ Casual /ˈkaʒjʊəl, -zj-/ a, informal (thân mật, không nghi thức) Ex: On Fridays, most employees dress casually
5/ Code /kəʊd/ n, rules of behavior (bộ luật, quy luật)
Ex: The new employees observed the unwritten code of conduct in their first week on the job
6/ Be exposed to /ɪkˈspəʊz, ɛk-/ v, to become aware of; to gain experience in
Ex: The new hires’ week in each department exposed them to the various functions in the company
7/ Glimpse /glɪm(p)s/ n, a quick look (lướt qua, thoáng qua)
Ex: The secretary caught a glimpse or her new boss as she was leaving the office
8/ Out of a, no longer having, missing (hết, mất)
Ex: Orders should be placed before you run out of the supplies
9/ Outdated /aʊtˈdeɪtɪd/ a, obsolete; not currently in use (hết hạn)
Ex: Before you do a mailing, make sure that none of the addresses is outdated
10/ Practice /ˈpraktɪs/ n, method of doing something (tập luyện) Practice v. practical adj. (củng cố, gia cố)
Ex: Bill practiced answering the telephone until he was satisfied
11/ Reinforce /riːɪnˈfɔːs/ v, to strengthen, support (củng cố, gia cố) Reinforcement n. reinforcing gerund
Ex: Employees reinforced their learning with practice in the workplace.
12/ Verbal /ˈvəːb(ə)l/ a, oral (bằng lời nói ) Verbalize v. verbally adv.
Ex: The guarantee was made only verbally
1/ Disk n, an object used to store digital information (đĩa máy tính) Ex: The head of the optical disk reader was dirty
2/ Facilitate /fəˈsɪlɪteɪt/ v, to make easier (làm cho dễ dàng, thuận tiện) Ex: The computer program facilitated the scheduling of appointments
3/ Network /ˈnɛtwəːk/ n, an interconnected group or system (mạng lưới) Ex: The recent graduated networked with her mother’s coworkers
4/ Popularity /pɒpjuˈlarəti/ n, the state of being widely admired, sought (tính đại chúng, phổ biến)
Popularize v. popular adj.
Ex: This brand of computers is extremely popular among college students
5/ Process /ˈprəʊsɛs/ n, a series of operations or actions to bring about a result (quy trình)
Ex: There is a process for determining why your computer is malfunctioning
6/ Replace /rɪˈpleɪs/ v, to put back in a former place or position (thay thế) Replacement n. replaceable adj.
Ex: I’ve replaced the hard drive that was malfunctioning
7/ Revolution /rɛvəˈluːʃ(ə)n/ n, a sudden or momentous change in a situation (cuộc cách mạng, quay vòng)
Revolutionized v. revolutionary adj.
Ex: We see a revolution in the computer field almost everyday
8/ Sharp /ʃɑːp/ a, abrupt or acute; smart (sắc nét)
Ex: The new employee proved how sharp she was when she masterd the new program in a field
9/ Skills /skɪl/ n, developed ability (kỹ năng)
Ex: The software developer há excellent technical skills and would be an asset to our software programming team
10/ Software /ˈsɒf(t)wɛː/ n, the programs for a computer (phần mềm) Ex: Many computers come pre-loaded with software
11/ Storage /ˈstɔːrɪdʒ/ n, the safekeeping of goods or information (kho, sự dự trữ) Store v. n.
Ex: You can storage more data on a zip drive
12/ Technical /ˈtɛknɪk(ə)l/ a, special skill or knowledge (Kỹ thuật) Ex: The office was finally up to speed techically
1/ Assemble /əˈsɛmb(ə)l/ v, to put together; to bring together (thu thập, lắp ráp) Ex: Her assistant copied and assembled the documents
2/ Beforehand /bɪˈfɔːhand/ adv, early, in advance (sớm, trước)
Ex: To speed up the meeting, we should prepare the labels beforehand
3/ Complicated /ˈkɒmplɪkeɪtɪd/ a, not easy to understand (phức tạp) Complication n. complicated adj.
Ex: Complications always arise when we try to cover too many topics in one letter
4/ Courier /ˈkʊrɪə/ n, a , a messenger (người chuyển phát, đưa thư) Ex: We hired a courier to deliver the package
5/ Express /ɪkˈsprɛs, ɛk-/ a, fast and direct (chuyển phát nhanh)
Ex: Express mail costs more than regulare mail service, but is is more efficient
6/ Fold /fəʊld/ v. to bend paper (phủ, bao bọc, gấp lại)
Ex: Fold the letter into three parts before stuffing it into the envelope
7/ Layout /ˈleɪaʊt/ n, a format; the organization of material on a page (Sự bbố trí trang giấy)
Ex: We had to change the layout when we changed the size of the paper
8/ Mention /ˈmɛnʃ(ə)n/ v, to refer to; n, something read or written (đưa ra, đề cập đến)
Mention n. mentionable adj.
Ex: There was no mention of the cost in the proposal
9/ Petition /pɪˈtɪʃ(ə)n/ n, a formal, written request; v, to make a formal request (lời thỉnh cầu, đề nghị)
Ex: We petitioned the postal officials to start delivering mail twice a day in business areas
10/ Proof /pruːf/ v, to look for errors (bằng chứng) Proofreader n. proofing gerund.
Ex: This letter was not proofed very carefully, it is full off typing mistakes
11/ Registered /ˈrɛdʒɪstə/ a, recorded and tracked (đã vào sổ, đã đăng ký) Registration n. registered adj.
Ex: You can register this mail for an additional $2.20
12/ Revise /rɪˈvʌɪz/ v, to rewrite (sửa lại, bản sửa)
Ex: The brochure was revised several times before it was sent to the printer
1/ Abundant /ə´bʌndənt/ a, plentiful, in large quantities; n, a large number (nhiều, thừa thãi,)
Ex: The recruiter was surprised by the abundant number of qualified appliciants
2/ Accomplishment /ə'kɔmpliʃmənt/ n, an achievement, a success (Việc đã hoàn thành, thành quả, thành tựu, thành tích)
Accomplish /ə'kɔmpliʃ/ v. Hoàn thành, làm xong, làm trọn accomplished adj.
ex: The success of the company was based on its early accomplishment
3/ Bring together v, to join, to gather ( gom laị ; nhóm lại, họp lại)
Ex: Our goal this year is to bring together the most creative group we can find
4/ Candidate /'kændidit/ n, one being considered for a position, office (Người dự thi; thí sinh)
Ex: The recruiter will interview all candidates for the position
5/ Come up with v, to plan, to invent, to think of (ý định)
Ex: In order for that small business to succeed, it needs to come up with a new strategy
6/ Commensurate /kəˈmɛnʃ(ə)rət, -sjə-/ a, in proportion to, corresponding, equal to (( + to, with) bằng kích cỡ với)
Ex: Generally the first year’s salary is commensurate with experience and education level
7/ Match /matʃ/ n, a fit, a similarity (vừa)
Ex: A headhunter matches qualified candidates to suitable positions
8/ Profile /ˈprəʊfʌɪl/ n, a group of characteristics or traits (Tiểu sử sơ lược; mô tả sơ lược)
Ex: The recruiter told him that, unfortunately, he did not fit the job profile
9/ Qualifications /,kwalifi'keiSn/ n, requirements, qualities, or abilities needed for something (Phẩm chất, năng lực, )
Ex: The applicant had so many qualifications that the company created a new position for her
10/ Recruit /ri'kru:t/ v, to attract people to join an organization of a cause (tuyển dụng)
Recruitment n. recruiter n.
Ex: The new recruits spent te entire day in training
11/ Submit /səb´mit/ v, to present for consideration (biện hộ) Submission n. submittal n (sự biện hộ)
Ex: Submit your resume to the human resources department
12/ Time-consuming a, taking up a lot of time (cần nhiều thời jan)
Ex: Even though it was time- consuming, all of the participants felt that te open house was very worthwhile
1/ Ability /əˈbɪlɪti/ n, a skill, a competence (khả năng) Ex: The designer’s ability was obvious form her porfilio
2/ Apply /əˈplʌɪ/ v, to look for (Xin việc, tìm việc) Applicant n. application n.(người nộp đơn xin việc)
Ex : The college graduate applied for three jobs and received three offers
3/ Background /ˈbakgraʊnd/ n, a person’s experience (kinh nghiệm)
Ex: Your background is the publishing industry is a definite asset for this job
4/ Be ready for /ˈrɛdi/ v, to be prepared ( sẵn sàng cho…) Ex: The employer wasn’t ready for the aplicant’s questions
5/ Call in v, to request (yêu cầu, ,mời tới)
Ex: The human resources manager called in all qualified applicants for a second interview
6/ Confidence /ˈkɒnfɪd(ə)ns/ n, a belief in one’s ability (tự tin) Confident adj. Confidently adv.
Ex: Good applicants show confidence during an interview
7/ Constantly /ˈkɒnst(ə)ntli/ a, on a continual basis, happening all the time (liên tục, luôn luôn, không đổi)
Ex: The company is cons
8/ Expert /ˈɛkspəːt/ n, a specialist (nhà chuyên môn, chuyên sâu, thành thạo) Expertise n. expert adj.
Ex: Our department head is an expert in financing
9/ Follow up /ˈfɒləʊ/ v. to take additional steps, to continue (tiếp tục, tiếp theo) Ex: Always follow up an interview with a thank you note
10/ Hesitate /ˈhɛzɪteɪt/ v, to pause, to be reluctant (do dự, lưỡng lự) Ex: Maria was hesitant about negotiating a higher salary
11/ Present /ˈprɛz(ə)nt/ v. to introduce, to show, to offer for consideration (trình bày, giới thiệu)
Presentation n. presentable adj.
Ex: The human resources director presents each candidate’s resume to the department supervisor for review
12/ Weakness /ˈwiːknɪs/ n, a fault, a quality lacking strength (điểm yếu) Ex: She worte so weakly we couldn’t read it
1/ Conduct /ˈkɒndʌkt/ v, to hold, to take place, to behave (tiến hành, thực hiện) Ex: Interviews were conducted over a period of three weeks
2/ Generate /ˈdʒɛnəreɪt/ v, to create, to produce (sinh ra)
Ex: The job fair at the college campus should generate interest in our company
3/ Hire /ˈhʌɪə/ v, to employ, to offer a job or position (thuê, mướn) Hire n. hiring gerund (thuê, tuyển dụng)
Ex: She was hired after her third interview
4/ Keep up with /kiːp/ /ʌp/ /wɪð/ v, to stay equal with (giữ cân bằng)
Ex: Employees are encouraged to take courses in order to keep up with new developments
5/ Look up to /lʊk/ /ʌp/ v, to admire, to think highly of (Khâm phục, ngyưỡng mộ) Ex: There are few people in this world that I look up to as much as I look up to you
6/ Mentor /ˈmɛntɔː/ n, a person who guides (người cố vấn)
Ex: The mentor helped her make some decisions about combining career and family
7/ On track /trak/ a, on schedule (Đúng như lịch trình) Ex: If we stay on track, the meeting should be finished at 9:30
8/ Reject /rɪˈdʒɛkt/ v, to turn down, to say no (từ chối) Rejection n. rejecting gerund
Ex: We put the rejects in this box
9/ Set up /sɛt/ /ʌp/ v, to establish, to arrange; a , arranged (thiết lập, tạo dựng) Ex: Set up a time and place for the meeting and then inform everyone who is involved
10/ Success /səkˈsɛs/ n, reaching a goal (thành công) Succeed v. successful adj.
Ex: When the manager won an award, he attributed his success to his colleagues
11/ Training /ˈtreɪnɪŋ/ n, the preparation or education for a specific job (đào tạo) Trainer n. trainee n.
Ex: The training is designed to prepare all workers, new and old, for the changes that the company will face
12/ Update /ʌpˈdeɪt/ v, to make current. N, the latest information (cập nhật) Ex: our latest update shows that business is down 15 percent.
1/ Basis /ˈbeɪsɪs/ n. the main reason for something, a base or foundation (nền tảng, cơ bản)
Ex: The manager didn’t have any basis for firing the employee
2/ Be aware of v. to be conscious of, to be knowledgeable about (am hiểu về) Ex: Are you aware of the new employee’s past work history?
3/ Benefits /ˈbɛnɪfɪt/ n. the advantages provided to a employee in addition to salary (tiền trợ cấp)
Benefit v. (giúp ích cho) beneficial adj. (có ích, có lợi)
Ex: We all benefit from the company’s policy of semiannual reviews
4/ Compensate /ˈkɒmpɛnseɪt/ v. to pay, to make up for.(bồi thường, đền bù) Compensation n. (sự đền bù, sự bồi thường) compensatory adj.
Ex: The company will compensate employees for any travel expenses
5/ Delicate /ˈdɛlɪkət/ adj. Sensitive, adv. With sensitivity (nhạy bén, khéo léo) Ex: The manager delicately asked about the health of his client
6/ Eligible /ˈɛlɪdʒɪb(ə)l/ adj. Able to participate in something, qualified (đủ tư cách, thích hợp)
Ex: I don’t understand why I’m not eligible if I have been with the company for over a year
7/ Flexible /ˈflɛksɪb(ə)l/ adj. Not rigid, able to change easily (, dễ sai khiến, dễ uốn nắn)
Ex: We need to respond flexibly if we want to keep customers in this competitive market
8/ Negotiate /nɪˈgəʊʃɪeɪt/ v. to talk for the purpose of reaching an agreement especially on prices or contracts (đàm phán, thương lượng)
Negotiation n. negotiator n.
Ex: The associate looked forward to the day that she would be able to negotiate her own contracts
9/ Raise /reɪz/ n. an increase in salary (sự tăng lương) Ex: We need to raise the standard for timeliness
10/ Retire /rɪˈtʌɪə/ v. to stop working, to withdraw from a business or profession (nghỉ hưu)
Retirement n. retired adj.
Ex: Many people would like to win the lottery and retire
11/ Vested /vɛst/ adj. Absolute, authorized (được quyền, được phép) Ex: The company has a vested interest in the happiness of its employees
12/ Wage /weɪdʒ/ n. the money paid for work done, usually hourly (tiền công, tiền lương)
Ex: The intern spends more than half of her wages on rent
1/ Achieve /əˈtʃiːv/ v, to succeed , to reach a goal (giành được, hoàn thành) Achievement n. achiever n.
Ex: Your main achievements will be listed in your personnel file
2/ Contribute /kənˈtrɪbjuːt, ˈkɒntrɪbjuːt/ v, to add to, to donate, to give (đóng góp, góp phần)
Contribution n. contributor n.
Ex: Make sure your boss is aware of the work you contributed to the project
3/ Dedication /dɛdɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/ n, a commitment to something (cống hiến) Dedicate v. dedicated adj.
Ex: We would never be where we are today if it weren’t for many long hours and so much dedication
4/ Look forward to /lʊk/ /ˈfɔːwəd/ v, to anticipate, to be eager for something to happen (chờ đợi, mong đợi)
Ex: We looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting
5/ Looked to v, to depend on , to rely on (trông chờ vào, phụ thuộc vào) Ex: The staff is looking to their supervisor for guidance and direction
6/ Loyal /ˈlɔɪəl/ a, faithful, believing in something or somebody (trung thành) Ex: Even though your assistant is loyal, you have to question his job performance
7/ Merit /ˈmɛrɪt/ n, experience, high quality (xuất sắc) Ex: Your work has improved tremendously and is of great merit
8/ Obvious /ˈɒbvɪəs/ a, easy to see or understand (rõ ràng, hiển nhiên) Ex: Her tardiness was obviously resented by her coworkers
9/ Productive /prəˈdʌktɪv/ a, useful, getting a lot done (năng suất, khả năng làm việc)
Ex: The researcher wasn’t as productive when he first started working here
10/Promote /prəˈməʊt/ v, to give someone a better job; to support, to make known (đề đạt)
Promotion n. promoter n.
Ex: The assistant director promoted the idea that the director was incompetent
11/ Recognition /rɛkəgˈnɪʃ(ə)n/ n, credit, praise for doing something well (sự công nhận, sự thừa nhận)
Ex: Recognition of excellent work should be routine for every manager
12/ Value /ˈvaljuː/ n, worth (đáng giá) Ex: The expert valued the text at 7000$
1/ Bargain /ˈbɑːgɪn/ n, something offered or acquired at a price advantageous to the buyer (mặc cả)
Ex: She bargained for over an hour, finally reducing the price by half
2/ Bear /bɛː/ v, to have a tolerance for, to endure (chịu đựng) Ex: If you can bear with me, I’d like to stop in one more store
3/ Behavior /bɪˈheɪvjə/ n, the manner of one’s action (cách ứng xử, đối xử)
Ex: Suspicious behavior in a department store will draw the attention of the security guards
4/ Checkout /ˈtʃɛkaʊt/ n, the act, time, or place of checking out, as at a hotel or a supermarket (thanh toán, quầy thanh toán)
Ex: Get in the checkout line now and I’ll join you with the last items
5/ Comfort /ˈkʌmfət/ n, a condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, well-being, and contentment (thỏai mái, dễ dàng)
Comfortable adj. Comfortably adv.
Ex: Comfort yourself with a down quilt this winter
6/ Expand /ɪkˈspand, ɛk-/ v, to increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; to enlarge (nới rộng)
Expansion n. expanded adj.
Ex: The new manager has significantly expanded the store’s inventory
7/ Explore /ɪkˈsplɔː, ɛk-/ v, to investigate systematically (thăm dò, khảo sát ) Exploration n. exploratory adj.
Ex: The collector likes to explore antique shops looking for bargains
8/ Item /ˈʌɪtəm/ n, a single article or unit (mặt hàng) Ex: Do you think I can get all these items into one bag?
9/ Mandatory /ˈmandət(ə)ri/ a, required or commanded, obligatory (bắt buộc) Ex: There is a mandatory limit of nine items for use of this checkout line
10/ Merchandise /ˈməːtʃ(ə)ndʌɪs, -z/ n, items available in stores (hàng hóa mua bán) Ex: I am very impressed with the selection of merchandise at this store
11/ Strict /strɪkt/ a, precise. Exact (chặt chẽ) Strictness n. strictly adv.
Ex: Our store strictly enforces its return policy
12/ Trend /trɛnd/ n, the current style (xu hướng, xu thế) Ex: The clothing store tries to stay on top of all the new trends
1/ Diverse /dʌɪˈvəːs, ˈdʌɪvəːs/ a, different; made up of distinct qualities (đa dạng) Diversify v. diversity n. (đa dạng hóa)
Ex: The stationery department plans to diversify its offering of paper products
2/ Enterprise /ˈɛntəprʌɪz/ n, a business; a large project (Công trình dự án lớn) Ex: The new enterprise quickly established an account with the office supply store
3/ Essential /ɪˈsɛnʃ(ə)l/ a, indispensable, necessary (cần thiết)
Ex: Essentially, she wants to win the contract and put the competition out of business
4/ Everyday /ˈɛvrɪdeɪ, -ˈdeɪ/ a, common, ordinary (thông thường, thông dụng) Ex: This everyday routine of having to check inventory is boring
5/ Function /ˈfʌŋ(k)ʃ(ə)n/ v, to perform tasks (chức năng, trách nhiệm) Function n. functional adj.
Ex: What is the function of this device?
6/ Maintain /meɪnˈteɪn, mənˈteɪn/ v, to continue, to support, to sustain (duy trì) Maintainability n. maintainable adj.
Ex: I’ve been maintaining a list of office supplies that are in greatest demand
7/ Obtain /əbˈteɪn/ v, to acquire (đạt được, có được) Ex: The employee obtained the report from her supervisor
8/ Prerequisite /priːˈrɛkwɪzɪt/ n, something that is required or necessary as a prior condition (điều kiện ưu tiên)
Ex: One of the prerequisites for this job is competent in bookkeeping
9/ Quality /ˈkwɒlɪti/ n, a distinguishing characteristic (chất lượng)
Ex: The most important qualifies we look for in a supplies are reliability and quick response
10/ Smooth /smuːð/ a, without difficulties; deliberately polite and agreeable in order to win favor (êm thấm, suôn sẻ)
Smooth out v. Smoothly adv (Làm cho suôn sẻ)
Ex: Her smooth manner won her the appreciation of the manager but not her colleagues
11/ Source /sɔːs/ n, the origin (nguồn, nguồn gốc) Ex: I cant tell you the source of this information
12/ Stationery /ˈsteɪʃ(ə)n(ə)ri/ n, writing paper and envelopes (đồ dùng văn phòng) Ex: We do not have enough stationery, so please order some more
1/ Accurate /ˈakjʊrət/ a, exact; errorless (đúng, chính xác) Accuracy n. accurately adv.
Ex: To gauge these figures accurately, we first need to get some facts from the shipping department
2/ Carrier /ˈkarɪə/ n, a person or business that transports passengers or goods (người hoặc một hãng vận chuyển)
Ex: Mr.Lau switched carriers in order to get a price savings on deliveries out of state
3/ Catalog /ˈkat(ə)lɒg/ a, a list or itemized display; v, to make an itemized list of (sách danh mục chi tiết)
Ex: Ellen cataloged the complaints according to severity
4/ Fulfill /fʊlˈfɪl/ v, to finish completely (hoàn thành(công việc, nhiệm vụ) Fulfilling gerund fulfillment n. (sự hoàn thành)
Ex: Her expections were so high, we knew they would be hard to fulfill
5/ Integral /ˈɪntɪgr(ə)l, ɪnˈtɛgr(ə)l/ a, necessary for completion (cần thiết, ko thể thiếu) Ex: Good customer relations is an integral component of any business
6/ Inventory /ˈɪnv(ə)nt(ə)ri/ n, goods in stock; an itemized record of these goods (Kiểm kê (hàng hóa)
Ex: Their inventory has not changed much over the years
7/ Minimize /ˈmɪnɪmʌɪz/ v, to reduce, to give less importance to (giảm tới mức tối thiểu)
Minimal adj. Minimum n. (tối thiểu)
Ex: To keep the customers happy and to minimize the effect of the carrier strike, we shipped orders directly to them
8/ On hand a, available (sẵn sàng, sẵn có)
Ex: We had too much stock on hand, so we had a summer safe
9/ Remember /rɪˈmɛmbə/ v, to think of again (nhớ, nhớ lại)
Ex: I will remember the combination to the safe without writing it down
10/ Ship /ʃɪp/ v, to transport; to send (vận chuyển) Shipper n. shipment n. (việc gửi hàng)
Ex: Very few customers think about how their packages will be shipped, and are seldom home when the packages arrive
11/ Sufficient /səˈfɪʃ(ə)nt/ a, as much as is needed (vừa đủ)
Ex: Wer are sufficiently organized to begin transferring the paletters tomorrow
12/ Supply /səˈplʌɪ/ v, to make available for use (cung cấp)
Ex: Gerald supplied the shipping staff with enough labels to last a year
1/ Charge /tʃɑːdʒ/ n, an expense or a cost; v, to demand payment (thu phí) Ex: The extra charge for gift wrapping your purchase will appear on your invoice
2/ Compile /kəmˈpʌɪl/ v, to gather together from several sources (thu thập) Ex: I have compiled a list of the most popular items in our sales catalog
3/ Customer /ˈkʌstəmə/ n, one who purchases a commodity or service (khách hàng) Ex: Let’s make sure all invoices sent to customers are kept in alphabetical order
4/ Discount ˈ/dɪskaʊnt/ n, a reduction in price; to reduce in price (giảm giá) Ex: They discounted the price on the merchandise damaged in shipment
5/ Efficient /ɪˈfɪʃ(ə)nt/ a, acting or producing effectively with a minimum of waste (có hiệu lực, hiệu quả)
Ex: Electronic invoicing has helped us to be efficient
6/ Estimate /ˈɛstɪmeɪt/ v, to approximate the amount or value of something; to form am opinion
About something (ước lượng. định giá) Estimation n. estimating gerund
Ex: We estimated our losses this year at about five thousand dollars
7/ Impose /ɪmˈpəʊz/ v, to establish or apply as compulsory; to force upon others (áp đặt, ép buộc, bắt ai phải làm gì đó)
Imposition n. imposing adj. (đánh (thuế ai đó)
Ex: The company will impose a surcharge for any items returned
8/ Mistake /mɪˈsteɪk/ n, an error or a fault (lỗi) Mistaken v. adj.
Ex: I made a mistake in adding up your bill and we overcharged yo twenty dollars
9/ Order /ˈɔːdə/ n, a request made to purchase something ; v, to command or direct (đơn đặt hàng)
Ex: The customer placed an order for ten new chairs
10/ Prompt /prɒm(p)t/ adj being on time or punctual, carried out without delay, n. a reminder or a cue (nhanh chóng)
Promptness n. prompt v.
Ex: We always reply promptly to customer’s letters
11/ Rectify /ˈrɛktɪfʌɪ/ v. to set right or correct (chỉnh sửa)
Ex: Embarrassed at his behavior, he rectified the situation by writing a letter of apology
12/ Terms /təːm/ n. conditions (điều khỏan)
Ex: Thr terms of payment were clearly listed at the bottom of the invoice
1/ Adjust /əˈdʒʌst/ v. to change in order to match or fit, to cause to correspond (điều chỉnh, dàn xếp )
Adjustment n. adjustable adj.
Ex: An adjustment to the number of damaged items would help us align our figures
2/ Automatic /ɔːtəˈmatɪk/ adj. Operating independently (tự động) Automation n. automatically adv.
Ex: The door opens automatically
3/ Crucial /ˈkruːʃ(ə)l/ adj. Extremely significant or important (chủ yếu) Ex: Inventory is a crucial process and must be taken seriously by all staff
4/ Discrepancy /dɪsˈkrɛp(ə)nsi/ n. a divergence or disagreement (sự bất đồng, bất hòa) Ex: We easily explained the discrepancy between the tow counts
5/ Disturb /dɪˈstəːb/ v. to interfere with, to interrupt (làm phiền) Disturbance n. disturbingly adv. (làm rối loạn, gây cản trở)
Ex: I hope I’m not disturbing you, but I need to ask you to move so I can record the products behind you
6/ Liability /lʌɪəˈbɪlɪti/ n. an obligation a responsibility (trách nhiệm pháp lý) Ex: The slippery steps were a terrible liability for the store
7/ Reflect /rɪˈflɛkt/ v. to given back a likeness (phản ánh, tương ứng với) Reflection n. reflector n.
Ex: She saw her reflection in the mirror
8/ Run /rʌn/ v. to operate (chạy, hoạt động)
Ex: As long as the computer is running, you can keep adding new data
9/ Scan /skan/ v. to look over quickly (xem lướt, xem qua)
Ex: The computer’s optical disk canned in the price and ordering information
10/ Subtract /səbˈtrakt/ v. to take away, to deduct (trừ đi, khấu trừ)
Ex: Once you ring up an item, the computer automatically subtracts it from the inventory log
11/ Tedious /ˈtiːdɪəs/ adj. Tiresome by reason of length, slowness, or dullness, boring (chán ngắt, buồn tẻ)
Ex: Counting merchandise all weekend is the most tedious job I can imagine
12/ Verify /ˈvɛrɪfʌɪ/ v. to prove the truth of (Xác minh, kiểm lại)
Ex: I cant verify the accuary of these numbers, since I was not present for inventory weekend
1/ Accept /əkˈsɛpt/ v. to receive, to respond favorably (đồng ý, chấp thuận) Acceptance n. acceptable adj.
Ex : The receptionist accepted the package from the courier
2/ Balance /ˈbal(ə)ns/ n. the remainder, v. to compute the difference between credits and debits of an account.(Số dư (tài khoản))
Ex: His healthy bank balance showed a long habit of savings
3/ Borrow /ˈbɒrəʊ/ v. to use temporarily (vay mượn) Ex: Do you want to borrow a pen?
4/ Cautious /ˈkɔːʃəs/ adj. Careful, wary (thận trọng)
Ex: Act cautiously when signing contracts and read them thoroughly first
5/ Deduct /dɪˈdʌkt/ v. to take away from a total, to subtract (khấu trừ) Deductible n. deduction n.
Ex: By deducting the monthly fee from her checking account, Yi was able to make her account balance
6/ Dividend /ˈdɪvɪdɛnd/ n. a share in a distribution (Tiền lãi cổ phần) Ex: The dividend was calculated and distributed to the group
7/ Down payment n. an initial partial payment (Sự trả trước 1 phần khi mua hàng)
Ex: By making a large down payment, the couple saved a great deal in mortgage interest
8/ Mortgage /ˈmɔːgɪdʒ/ n. the amount due on a property, v. to borrow money with your house as collateral.(cầm cố, thế chấp)
Ex: Due to low interest rates, Sheila moved quickly to find a good deal on a mortgage
9/ Restriction n. /rɪˈstrɪkʃ(ə)n/ a limitation (giới hạn,hạn chế) Restrict v. restricted adj.
Ex: Access to the safe deposit box vault is restricted to key holders
10/ Signature /ˈsɪgnətʃə/ n. the name of a person written by the person (chữ ký) Sign n. v.
Ex: Once we have your signature, the contract will be complete
11/ Take out v. withdraw, remove (rút tiền)
Ex: They look out the chairs in the bank lobby so now there is no place to sit
12/ Transaction /tranˈzakʃ(ə)n/ n. a business deal (giao dịch) Ex: Banking transaction will appear on your monthly statement
1/ Accounting /əˈkaʊntɪŋ/ n. the recording and gathering of financial information for a company (sự thanh toán, tính toán)
Accountant n. account n. (kế toán)
Ex: Good accounting is needed all businesses
2/ Accumulate /əˈkjuːmjʊleɪt/ v. to gather, to collect (tích lũy, lũy kế) Accumulation n. accumulated adj.
Ex: They have accumulated more than enough information
3/ Asset /ˈasɛt/ n. something of value (tài sản) Ex: The company’s assets are worth millions of dollars
4/ Audit /ˈɔːdɪt/ n. a formal examination of financial records, v. to examine the financial (kiểm toán)
Ex: No one looks forward to an audit by the government
5/ Budget /ˈbʌdʒɪt/ n. a list of probable expenses and income for a given period (ngân quỹ, ngân sách).
Budget v. ghi vào ngân sách budgetary adj.
Ex: The company will have to budget more money for this department next year
6/ Build up /bɪld/ n. to increase over time (Sự tăng cường) Ex: The firm has built up a solid reputation for itself
7/ Client /ˈklʌɪənt/ n. a customer (khách hàng)
Ex: We must provide excellent services for our clients, otherwise we will lose them to our competition
8/ Debt /dɛt/ n. something owed, as in money or goods (khỏan nợ) Ex: The banks are worried about your increasing debt
9/ Outstanding /aʊtˈstandɪŋ/ adj. Still due, not paid or settled (còn tồn tại, chưa giải quyết xong, chưa trả nợ)
Ex: That client still has several outstanding bill
10/ Profitable /ˈprɒfɪtəb(ə)l/ adj. advantageous, beneficial (có sinh lời) Profit v. n. (lợi nhuận, thu hồi)
Ex: We invested in the stock market profitably
11/ Reconcile /ˈrɛk(ə)nsʌɪl/ v. to make consistent (đành chấp nhận, cam chịu) Ex: The client uses his bank statements to reconcile his accounts
12/ Turnover /ˈtəːnəʊvə/ n. the number of times a product is sold and replaced or an emloyee leaves and another employee is hired (doanh số, doanh thu)
Ex: We have to add another production shift to kêp up with the high turnover rate
1/ Aggressive /əˈgrɛsɪv/ adj. Competitive, assertive (lấn sân, xâm chiếm) Ex: Some people are risk takers and prefer to invest aggressively
2/ Attitude /ˈatɪtjuːd/ n. a felling about something or someone (thái độ, quan điểm) Ex: Each investor should assess his or her own attitude toward investment.
3/ Commitment /kəˈmɪtm(ə)nt/ n. a promise (thỏa thuận, thỏa ước, cam kết) Commit v. noncommittal adj.
Ex: The stockbroker committed herself to finding the best investments for each client
4/ Conservative /kənˈsəːvətɪv/ adj. Cautious, restrained (bảo thủ, thận trọng) Ex: Her conservative strategy paid off over the years
5/ Fund /fʌnd/ n. an amount of money for something specific, v to provide money for (nguồn tiền, quỹ dự trữ).
Ex: He will have access to his trust fund when he is 21 years old
6/ Invest /ɪnˈvɛst/ v. to put money into a business or activity with the hope of making more money, to put effort into something (đầu tư)
Investment n. investor n.
Ex: Don’t invest all of your time in just one project.
7/ Long-term adj. involving or extending over a long period (dài hạn) Ex: The CEO’s long – term goal was to increase the return on investment
8/ Portfolio /pɔːtˈfəʊlɪəʊ/ n. a list of investments (danh mục vốn đầu tư) Ex: Investor are advised to have diverse portfolios.
9/ Pull out v. to withdraw, to stop participating, n. a withdrawal, removal (rút tiền, rút lui)
Ex: The pull out of the bank has left the company without financing
10/ Resource /rɪˈsɔːs, rɪˈzɔːs/ n. assets, valuable things (nguồn) Ex: The company’s most valuable resource was its staff
11/ Return /rɪˈtəːn/ n. the amount of money gained as profit (tiền thu về, tiền lãi) Returns n. returnable adj.
Ex: Some investors are satisfied with a 15 percent return, while others want to see a much larger return
12/ Wise /wʌɪz/ adj. Knowledgeable, able to offer advice based on experience (Từng trải hiểu biết nhiều, khôn ngoan, sáng suốt).
Wisdom n. wisely adv.
Ex: If you invest wisely, you will be able to retire early
1/ Calculate /ˈkalkjʊleɪt/ v. to figure out, to compute (tính toán) Calculation n, calculator n.
Ex: According to my calculations, I will owe less money on my income taxes this year
2/ Deadline /ˈdɛdlʌɪn/ n. a time by which something must be finished (hạn cuối) Ex: My best work is done with strict deadlines
3/ File /fʌɪl/ v. to enter into public record, n. a group of documents or information about a person or an event (sắp xếp, sắp đặt tài liệu)
Ex: If you file your taxes late, you will have to pay a line
4/ Fill out v. to complete (hoàn tất, hoàn thành)
Ex: I usually ask someone to help me fill out my tax form
5/ Give up v. to quit, to stop (đầu hàng, tạm dừng, tạm ngưng) Ex: Ms.Gomez is so optimistic that she never gives up
6/ Joint /dʒɔɪnt/ adj. Together, shared (tham gia) Ex: We opened a joint bank account five years ago
7/ Owe /əʊ/ v. to have a debt. To be obligated to pay (nợ) Owner n. owing gerund
Ex: As the business grew, the owner paid back loans and owed less money
8/ Penalty /ˈpɛn(ə)lti/ n. a punishment, a consequence (khoản tiền phạt)
Penalize v. penal adj.
Ex: anyone who páy less than they should in taxes will face a penalty
9/ Prepare /prɪˈpɛː/ v. to make ready (chuẩn bị) Preparation n. preparatory adj.
Ex: Income tax preparation can take a long time
10/ Refund /rɪˈfʌnd/ n. the amount paid back, v, to give back (trả lại, hoàn trả) Ex: With the tax refund we bought tow plan tickets
11/ Spouse /spaʊz, -s/ n. a husband or wife (vợ hoặc chồng) Ex: My spouse prepares the tax return for both of us
12/ Withhold /wɪðˈhəʊld/ v. to keep from. To refrain from (từ chối, ngăn cản, cản trở)
Ex: My employers withholds money from each paycheck to apply toward my income taxes
1/ Desired /dɪˈzʌɪə/ adj. Wished or longed for (mong đợi, mong ước, khao khát) Desire n. v.
Ex: We desire to have our own home
2/ Detail /ˈdiːteɪl/ v. to report or relate minutely or in particulars (chi tiết, tiểu tiết, khía cạnh nhỏ)
Ex: The office manager detailed each step of the inventory process at the staff meeting
3/ Forecast /ˈfɔːkɑːst/ n, a prediction of a future event .v. to estimate or calculate in advance (dự đoán, dự báo trước)
Ex: Analysts forecast a strong economic outlook
4/ Level /ˈlɛv(ə)l/ n. a relative position or rank on a scale (mức độ, hạng) Ex: The meeting was only open to staff at the assistant director level of higher
5/ Overall /ˈəʊvərɔːl/ adj. Regarded as a whole, general (bao gồm, tòan bộ) Ex: The company’s overall expectations were out of proportion
6/ Perspective n. a mental view or outlook
Ex: The budget statement will give the manager some perspective on where the costs of running the business are to be found
7/ Projected /ˈprɒdʒɛkt/ adj. Estimated, or predicted based or present data (dự án, kế hoạch)
Project n. v.
Ex: We need to project our earnings and expenses in order to plan next year’s budget
8/ Realistic /rɪəˈlɪstɪk/ adj. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are (có óc thực tế)
Reality n. realistic adj. (thực tế, thực tại)
Ex: Realistic expectations are important when you review your financial statements
9/ Target /ˈtɑːgɪt/ v. to establish as a goal, n. a goal (mục tiêu)
Ex: We targeted March as the deadline for completing the financial statement
10/ Translation /transˈleɪʃ(ə)n, t/ n. the act or process of translating (bản dịch, bài dịch) Translate v. translatable adj.
Ex: The translation of the statement from Japanese into English was very helpful
11/ Typica /ˈtɪpɪk(ə)l/ l adj. Conforming to a type (đặc thù, đặc trưng, tiêu biểu) Ex: The director typically dominates the staff meetings
12/ Yield /jiːld/ n. an amount produced, v. to produce a profit (lợi nhuận, lợi tức) Ex: The company’s investment yielded high returns
1. Adjacent /ə'dʤeizənt/ adj. next to (ngay cạnh, liền kề)
Ex: My office is adjacent to the receptionist area on the third floor.
2. Collaboration /kə,læbə'reiʃn/ n. the act pf working with someone (hợp tác, cộng tác) Collaborate v. collaboration n.
Ex: The manager had never seen such effective collaboration between two groups.
3. Concentrate /'kɔnsentreit/ v. to focus, to think about (trọng tâm, tập trung) Ex: We should concentrate our efforts on the last quarter of the year.
4. Conducive /kən'dju:vis/ adj. Contributing to, leading to (có ích, có lợi)
Ex: The new office arrangement is much more conducive to work than the dark, depressing space the company had before.
5. Disrupt /dis'rʌpt/v. to interrupt, to disturb (phá vỡ, quấy rối) Disruption n. disruptive adj.
Ex: The strike caused a disruption in production at the factory.
6. Hamper /'hæmpə/ v. to impede or interfere (ngăn trở, cản trở) Ex: The lack of supplies hampered our ability to finish on schedule.
7. Inconsiderate /,inkən'sidərit/ adj. Rude, impolite. (thiếu chu đáo, quan tâm)
Ex: The manager inconsiderately scheduled the meeting for late Friday afternoon.
8. Lobby /'lɔbi/ n. an anteroom, foyer, or waiting room (hành lang, sảnh chờ, vận động hành lang)
Ex: The salesperson waited in the busy lobby for the buyer to see him.
9. Move up v. to advance, improve position (tiến lên)
Ex: In order to move up in the company, employees has to desmonstrate their loyalty.
10. Open to adj. Receptive to, vulnerable (tiếp thu, dùng được cho ai đó)
Ex: Since the junior executive was still on probation, he was open to much scrutiny and criticsm.
11. Opt /ɔpt/ v. to choose, to decide on (chọn lựa) Option n. optimal adj. (vật được chon, điều được chọn)
Ex: If Mary opts to join that department, you will be working together.
12. Scrutinize /'skru:tinaiz/ v. to look at carefully and closely (xem xét kỹ lưỡng, cẩn thận)
Scrutiny n. inscrutable adj.
Ex: After the great deal of scrutiny, the manager decided that the employee’s work had improved considerably.
quản trị và ủy ban)
1. Adhere to /əd'hiərəns/ v. to follow, to pay attention to (Tuân thủ) Ex: The chairman never adhered to his own rules
2. Agenda [ə'dʒendə] n. a list of topics to be discussed (Những vấn đề, công viềc phải bàn tại cuộc hợp)
Ex: The board was able to cover fitteen items on the agenda
3. Bring up v. to introduce a topic (giới thiệu, đưa ra) Ex: No one brought up the resignation of the director
4. Conclude /kən'klu:d/ v. to stop, to come to a decision (kết luận, kết thúc) Conclusion n. conclusive adj. (sự kết thúc, sự quyết định)
Ex: After long dissucssions, the board has concluded that the project has to be canceled
5. Go ahead v. to proceed with, n. permission to do something (tiếp tục, tiến triển) Ex: Five of the six members felt that they should go ahead with the plan
6. Goal /goul/ n. objective, purpose (mục tiêu, mục đích)
Ex: Employees are expected to analyze and evaluate their annual goals
7. Lengthy /'leɳθi/ adj. Long in time, duration, or distance (dài dòng)
Ex: After lengthy discussions, the chairperson was reelected for another term
8. Matter /'mætə/ n. an item, issue, topic of interest (vấn đề, chủ đề)
Ex: This is not the place to bring up personal matters
9. Periodically adv. From time to time (định kỳ) Period n. periondic adj.
Ex: The group tired to meet periodically
10. Priority /priority/ n. something of importance, something that should be done before other things (ưu tiên)
Prioritize v. prior adj.
Ex: The manager was ineffective because she was unable to set priorities
11. Progress /progress/ n. a movement forward, v. to move forward on something, especially work or a project (sự tiến bộ, sự tiến lên)
Progression n. progressive adj. sự tiến tới
Ex: The excutive committee asked each group to present a report showing their progress for the year
12. Waste /weist/ b. not to use wisely, n. not worthwhile. (không giá trị)
Ex: Withou a leader, the group members wasted time and energy trying to organize themselves
1. Brand /brænd/ n. an identifying mark or label, a trademark (nhãn, nhãn hiệu) Ex: All brands of aspirin are the same.
2. Conform /kən'fɔ:m/ v. to match specifications or qualities (làm cho phù hợp) Ex: Our safety standards conform to those established by the government.
3. Defect /di'fekt/ n. an imperfection or flaw (nhược điểm) Defect n. defective adj.
Ex: Because of a defect in stitching, the entire suit was thrown out.
4. Enhance /in'hɑ:ns/ v. to make more attractive or valuable (tăng, nâng cao) Ex: A stylish color enhances the appeal of a car.
5. Garment /'gɑ:mənt/ n. an article of clothing (áo quần)
Ex: The garment workers are accountable for production mistakes.
6. Inspect /in'spekt/ v. to look at closely, to examine carefully or officially (kiểm tra, thanh tra)
Inspection n. inspector n.
Ex: Children’s car seats are thoroughly inspected and tested for safety before being put on the maket.
7. Perceive /pə'si:v/ v. to notice, to become aware of, to see (nhận thức, lĩnh hội) Perception n. perceptive adj. (sự nhận biết, mẫn cảm)
Ex: It takes a perceptive person to be a good manager.
8. Repel /ri'pel/ v. to keep away, to fight against (đẩy xa, khước từ) Repellent n. adj.
Ex: Fauty products repel repeat customers.
9. Take back v. to return something, to withdraw or retract (lấy lại, kéo lại)
Ex: Good quality control significantly limits the number of products taken back for a refund.
10. Throw out v. to dispose of (vứt đi, bỏ đi)
Ex: It is cheaper to through out shoddy products than to lose customers.
11. Uniform /'ju:nifɔ:m/ adj. Consistent in form or appearance (Không thay đổi về tính cách hay hình thức)
Ex: The products are checked to make sure they are uniformly packaged before they live the factory.
12. Wrinkle /'riɳkl/ n. a crease, ridge, or furrow, especially in skin or fabric (nếp nhăn)
Ex: A wrinkle in the finish can be repaired more economically before a sale than after.
1. Anxious /'æɳkʃəs/ adj. Worried (lo âu, băn khoăn) Anxiety n. anxiously adv. (mối lo âu)
Ex: The developers were anxious about the sales forecast for the new product
2. Ascertain /,æsə'tein/ v. to discover, to find out for certain (tìm hiểu một cách chắc chắn)
Ex: A customer survey will help to ascertain whether there is a market for the product
3. Assume /ə'sju:m/ v. to take upon oneself, to believe to be true (cho rằng, thừa nhận)
Assumed adj. Assumption n.
Ex: The young man felt ready to assume the new responsibilities of his promotion
4. Decade /'dekeid/ n. a period of ten years (thập kỷ) Ex: Each decade seems to have its own fad products
5. Examine /ig'zæmin/ v. to interrogate, to scrutinize (xem xét chi tiết)
Ex: Good researchers have to examine every possible option, including some that seem bizarre
6. Experiment /iks'periment /- v. to try out a new procedure or idea, n. a test or trial (thí nghiệm, cuộc thử nghiệm)
Experimentation n. experimental adj.
Ex: Product developers must conduct hunderds of expriments in their research
7. Logical /'lɔdʤikəl/ adj. formally valid, using orderly reasoning (hợp lý, có lý)
Ex: In addition to logical thinkers, a good research and development team should include a few dreamers
8. Research /ri'sə:tʃ/ n. the act of collecting in formation about a particular subject (nghiên cứu)
Ex: For toy manufactures, research can be pure fun
9. Responsibility /ris,pɔnsə'biliti/ n. task (bổn phận, trách nhiệm) Responsible adj. Responsibly adv.
Ex: Another responsibility of product development is to ensure that there will be a demand for the product
10. Solve /sɔlv/ v. to find a solution, explanation, or answer (giải quyết, làm sáng tỏ một vấn đề)
Ex: Researchers find that every time they solve one problem, two more result
11. Supervisor /'sju:pəvaizə/ n. an administrator in charge (người giám sát) Ex: A good supervisor gets his team to work with him, not just for him
12. Systematic /,sisti'mætik/ adj. Methodical in procedure, organized (có phương pháp, hệ thống)
Ex: Once the creative development is completed, the department works systematically toward making the idea a reality
1. Apprehensive [‚æprɪ'hensɪv] adj. Anxious about the future (e ngại, sợ) Apprehend v. apprehension n.
Ex: Most new home buyers are apprehensive about their decision.
2. Circumstance ['sɜːkəmstəns] n. a condition, a situation (tình thế, tình huống)
Ex: Under the current economic circumstances, thay will not be able to purchase the property.
3. Condition [kən'dɪʃn] n. the state of something, a requirement (điều kiện) Conditional adj. Condition v.
Ex: Except for some minor repairs, the building is in very good condition.
4. Due to prep. Because of (bởi, nguyên nhân dẫn đến cái gì)
Ex: Due to the low interest rates, good office space is difficult to find.
5. Fluctuate ['flʌktʃʊeɪt] v. to go up and down, to change (dao động, thay đổi bất thường)
Fluctuation n. fluctuating gerund. (sự dao động)
Ex: No one is very comfortable making a large investment while the currency values fluctuate almost daily.
6. Get out of v. to escape, to exit (rời khỏi)
Ex: The company wanted to get out of the area before property values declined even further.
7. Indicator [ɪndɪkeɪtə(r) /-kəɪtə] n. a sign, a signal (chỉ dẫn, chỉ định) Indicate v. indication n.
Ex: If the economy is an accurate indicator, rental prices will increase rapidly in the next six month.
8. Lease [lɪːs] n. a contract to pay to use property for an amount of time, v. to make a contract to use property (Hợp đồng cho thuê)
Ex: They decided to lease the property rather than buy it.
9. Lock into v. to commit, to be unable to change (thỏa thuận không thay đổi) Ex: The company locked itself into a ten-year lease that they didn’t want.
10. Occupancy ['ɑkjəpənsɪ /'ɒ-] n. the state of being or living in a certain place (sở hữu, chiếm hữu)
Ex: Our company has occupied this office for more than five years.
11. Option ['ɑpʃn /'ɒp-] n. a choice, an alternative (sự lựa chọn)
Ex: With the real estate market so tight right now, you don’t have that many options.
12. Subject to ['sʌbʒɪkt to] adj. Under legal power, dependent (tùy thuộc vào cái gì đó, dựa theo cái gì đó)
Ex: This contract is subject to all the laws and regulations of the state.
1. Appeal [ə'piːl] adj., to be attractive or interesting (sự hấp dẫn, thích thú) Ex: A restaurant with good food and reasonable prices has a lot of appeal
2. Arrive [ə'raɪv] v., to reach a destination (tới một nơi) Ex: By the time our meal arrived, it was cold
3. Compromise ['kɒmprəmaɪz] n., a settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions (sự thỏa hiệp, thỏa ước)
Ex: The couple made a compromise and ordered food to take out
4. Daring ['deərɪŋ] adj., to have the courage required (táo bạo, liều lĩnh) Ex: We daringly ordered the raw squid
5. Familiar [fə'mɪlɪə(r)] adj., often encountered or seen; common (tương tự) Ex: It’s nice to see some familiar items on the menu
6. Guide [gaɪd] n., one who leads, directs, or gives advice (người hướng dẫn) Guidance n., guidable adj.,
Ex: I don’t know where to go, so why don’t we consult the guide
7. Majority [mə'dʒɒrətɪ /-'dʒɒr-] n., the greater number or part (phần lớn, đa số) Ex: The majority of the group wanted to try the new Chinese restaurant
8. Mix [mɪks] v., to combine or blend into one mass; n., a combination (trộn lẫn, hòa lẫn)
Mixture n., mixable adj.,
Ex: The mix of bright colors on the plate was very pleasing
9. Rely [rɪ'laɪ] v., to have confidence in; to depend on (tin cậy vào, dựa vào) Reliability n., reliable adj.,
Ex: I have always relied on the restaurant advice this guidebook gives
10. Secure [sɪ'kjʊr /-'kjʊə] v., to get possession of; to obtain (bảo đảm) Ex: The hostess secured us another chair, so we could eat together
11. Subjective [səb'dʒektɪv] adj., particular to a given person; highly personal; not objective (chủ quan)
Ex: The reviews in this guidebook are highly subjective, but fun to read
12. Suggest [səg'dʒest /sə'dʒest] v., to offer for consideration or action (gợi ý) Suggestion n., suggestible adj., (sự đề nghị, có thể đề nghị được)
Ex: Can I make a suggestion about what to order?
1. Basic ['beɪsɪk] adj., serving as a starting point or basis (cơ bản, căn bản) Ex: The new restaurant offers a very basic menu
2. Complete [kəm'pliːt] adj., having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps (đầy đủ, trọn vẹn)
Completion n., completely adv., làm cho đầy đủ
Ex: We ordered some dessert to complete our meal.
3. Excite [ɪk'saɪt] v., to arouse an emotion (kích động) Excitement n., exciting adj.,
Ex: Exotic flavors always excite me.
4. Flavor ['fleɪvə(r)] n., a distinctive taste (vị ngọt, mùi thơm phảng phất) Ex: Fusion cookingis distinguished by an interesting mix of flavor.
5. Forget [fə(r)'get] v., to be unable to remember (quên) Forgetful adj., forgettable adj.,
Ex: Don’t forget to tell your friends what a great meal you had tonight.
6. Ingredient [ɪn'grɪːdɪənt] n., an element in a mixture (thành phần) Ex: I was unfamiliar with some of the ingredients in the dish.
7. Judge [dʒʌdʒ] v., to form an opinion (đánh giá)
Ex: The restaurant review hashly judged the quality of the service.
8. Mix-up [mɪks] n., a confusion; v., to confuse (lẫn lộn, bối rối) Ex: There was a mix-up in the kitchen so your order will be delayed.
9. Patron ['peɪtrən] n., a customer, especially a regular customer (khách hàng quen) Ex: This restaurant has many loyal patrons.
10. Predict [prɪ'dɪkt] v., to state, tell about, or make known in advance (dự đoán, dự báo)
Prediction n., predictable adv.,
Ex: I predicted this restaurant would become popular and I was right.
11. Random ['rændəm] adj., having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective (ngẫu nhiên, tình cờ)
Ex: We randomly made our selections from the menu.
12. Remind [rɪ'maɪnd] v., to cause to remember (nhắc nhở)
Ex: I reminded the client that we are meeting for dinner tomorrow.
1. Burdensome [bə:dnsəm] adj., of or like a burden; onerous (phiền toái) Ex: The deliveryman’s back ached from the heavy burden he carried.
2. Common ['kɒmən adj., widespread, frequent, usual (thông thường, phổ biến) In common n., commonly
Ex: The restaurants in this area commonly serve office workers are only open during the week.
3. Delivery [dɪ'lɪvərɪ] n., the act of conveying or delivering (giao hàng) Ex: The caterer hired a courier to make the delivery.
4. Elegant ['elɪgənt] adj., exhibiting refined, tasteful beauty (thanh lịch, trang nhã) Elegance n., elegantly adv.,
Ex: The elegance of the restaurant made it a pleasant place to eat.
5. Fall to [fɔːl to] v., to become one’s responsibility (bắt đầu ăn)
Ex: The menu was in French, so ordering for us fell to Monique, who spoke French.
6. Impress [ɪm'pres] v., to affect strongly, often favorably (ấn tượng) Impression n., impressionable adj.,
Ex: I was impressed with how quickly they delivered our lunch.
7. Individual [‚ɪndɪ'vɪdjʊəl] adj., by or for one person; special; particular (cá nhân, riêng lẻ)
Individualize v., individually adv.,
Ex: We had the delivery man mark the contents of each individual order.
8. List [lɪst] n., a series of names, words, or other items; v., to make a list (danh sách)
Ex: The office manager complied a list of everyone’s order.
9. Multiple ['mʌltɪpl] adj., having, relating to , or consisting of more than one part (nhiều, phức tạp)
Ex: It takes multiple steps to get into this building, which frustrates all our employees.
10. Narrow ['nærəʊ] v., to limit or restrict; adj., limited (chật hẹp, hạn chế)
Ex: This restaurant delives only pizza and sandwiches, so that certainly narrows down the choices.
11. Pick up [pɪk up] v., to take on passengers or freight (đón (ai đó)) Ex: If you ask me nicely, I will pick up the order on my way home.
12. Settle ['setl] v., to make compensation for, to pay; to choose (định cư, ổn định) Ex: We settled the bill with the cashier.
1. Accustom to [ə'kʌstəm to] v., to become familiar with, to become used to (làm quen với cái gì)
Ex: Chefs must accustom themselves to working long hours.
2. Apprentice [ə'prentɪs] n., a student worker in a chosen field v.,(tập sự, người mới vào nghề)
Ex: The cooking school has an appremntice program that places students in restaurant to gain work experience.
3. Culinary ['kʌlɪnərɪ] adj., relating to the kitchen or cooking (việc bếp núc) Ex: The chef was widely known for his culinary artistry.
4. Demanding ['diːmɑːkeɪt] adj., requiring much effort or attention (Đòi hỏi khắt khe)
Ex: This style of cooking demands many exotic ingredients and a lot of preparation time.
5. Draw [drɔː] v., to cause to come by attracting (kéo, lôi kéo) Ex: Matthew was drawn to a career in cooking.
6. Incorporate [ɪn'kɔrpəreɪt /-'kɔːp-] v., to unite one thing with something else already in existence (sát nhập chặt chẽ)
Incorporation n., incorporating gerund.,
Ex: Coca incorporated the patron’s suggestions into her new menu.
7. Influx ['ɪnflʌks] n., a flowing in (dòng chảy vào)
Ex: An influx of new chefs is constantly needed to fill open jobs.
8. Method ['meθəd] n., a procedure (phương pháp, cách thức) Methodology n., methodical adj.,
Ex: Gloria perfected a simple method for making croissants.
9. Outlet ['aʊtlet] n., a means of release or gratification, as for energies, drives, or desires (lối ra, lối thoát)
Ex: Many people find cooking to be a hands-on outlet for their creativity.
10. Profession [prə'feʃn] n., an occupation requiring considerable training and specialized study (nghề nghiệp)
Professional adj., professionally adv.,(chuyên nghiệp)
Ex: Cooking is considered as much a profession as is law or medicine.
11. Relinquish [rɪ'lɪŋkwɪʃ]v., to let go; to surrender (từ bỏ)
Ex: After Claude married Kiki, he had to relinquish his exclusive hold on the kitchen and learn to share the joys of cooking.
12. Theme [θɪːm] n., an implicit or recurrent idea; a motif (chủ đề, đề tài) Ex: The caterers prepared food for a party with a tropical island theme.
1. Assist [θɪːm] v., to give help or support to (trợ giúp, trợ lý) Assistance n., assistant n. (sự giúp đỡ, người giúp việc)
Ex: Bonnie hired a secretary to assist her with the many details of the event
2. Coordinate [kəʊ'ɔːdɪneɪt] v., to adjust or arrange parts to work together (sắp xếp, sẳp đặt)
Ex: The colors of the flowers were ordered to coordinate with the colors in the corporate logo
3. Dimension [dɪ'menʃn] n., a measure of width, height, or length (kích thước) Ex: What are the dimensions of the ballroom
4. Exact [ɪg'zækt] adj., characterized by accurate measurements or inferences (chính xác)
Ex: We will need an exact head count by noon tomorrow.
5. General ['dʒenərəl] adj., involving only the main feature rather than precise details (hầu hết, phổ biến)
Generalize v., generally adv., (diễn tả chung chung)
Ex: We have a general idea of how many guests will attend
6. Ideal [aɪ'dɪəl]adj., imaginary; existing as a perfect model (quan niệm, tưởng tượng, mẫu hình lý tưởng)
Idealize v., ideally adv. (lý tưởng hóa, theo lý tưởng)
Ex: Ideally, the location for the concert would have plenty of parking
7. Lead time [lɪːd taɪm] n., the time between the initial stage of a project and the appearance of results (khoảng thời gian giữa lúc bắt đầu và lúc hoàn thành một quá trình sx mới)
Ex: The lead time for reservations is unrealistic
8. Plan [plæn] n., a scheme for making something happen; v., to formulate a scheme
Ex: We plan to get together tomorrow to discuss the menu
9. Proximity [prɑk'sɪmətɪ /prɒ-] n., the state, quality, sense, or fact of being near or next to; closeness (sự gần gũi)
Ex: The fans were worried by the proximity of the storm coulds
10. Regulation [‚regjə'leɪʃn /-jʊ-] n., rules, laws, or controls; v., to control (sự điều chỉnh, qui tắc, điều lệ)
Regulate v., regulatory adj.,
Ex: The state strictly regulates the preparation of food for public consumption
11. Site [saɪt] n., a place or setting (vị trí, địa điểm) Ex: The manager of the site was most helpful
12. Stage [steɪdʒ] v., to exhibit or present (Trình diễn)
Ex: A historic house can be the perfect site to stage a small reception
1. Agency ['eɪdʒənsɪ] n., an establishment engaged in doing business (đại lý) Ex: A travel agent can usually find you the best deals on tickets and hotels.
2. Announcement [ə'naʊnsment] n., a public notification (thông cáo, thông báo) Announce v., announcer n.,
Ex: Did you hear an announcement about our new depature time.
3. Beverage ['bevərɪdʒ] n., a drink other than plain water (đồ uống, thức uống) Ex: The flight attendant offered all passengers a cold beverage during the flight.
4. Blanket ['blæŋkɪt] n., a covering for keeping warm, especially during sleep; any full coverage; v., to cover uniformly (Mền, chăn)
Ex: The snow blanketed the windshield, making It difficult to see the road.
5. Board [bɔːd] v., to enter a boat, plane, or train; to furnish to see the roads v.,(lên tàu)
Onboard [ənbɔːd] adj.,(trên tàu)
Ex: We will board the train for New York in ten minutes.
6. Claim [kleɪm] v., to take as rightful; to retrieve (đòi hỏi, quyền yêu sách) Ex:
7. Delay [dɪ'leɪ] v., to postpone until a later time; n., the period of time during which one is delayed n., (trì hoãn)
Ex: The bus was delayed due to inclement weather.
8. Depart [dɪ.ˈpɑːrt] v., to go away or leave (khởi hành)
Ex: After the wedding, the married couple departed for their honeymoon in Morocco.
9. Embark [ɪm'bɑːk] v., to go onboard a plane or ship; to begin (Lên tàu) Ex: Cruise passengers are given a pass for embarkation when they check in at the clock.
10. Itinerary [aɪ' tɪnərerɪ /-rərɪ] n., a proposed rout for a journey, showing dates and means of travel (lịch trình bay)
Ex: I had to change my itinerary when I decided to add to more countries to my vacation.
11. Prohibit [prəʊ'hɪbɪt /prə-] v., to forbid by authority or to prevent (ngăn cấm, ngăn chặn)
Ex: We were prohibited from wearing casual clothes in the office.
12. Valid ['vælɪd] adj., having legal efficacy or correctness (hiệu lực) Validate v., validation n.,
Ex: I need to make certain that my passport is valid If we plant to go overseas this December.
1. Deal with [diːlwɪθ] v., phrase, to attend to; mange; to see to (bàn về cái gì, thỏa thuận cái gì)
Ex: Ticket agents must deal courteously with irate customers
2. Destination [‚destɪ'neɪʃn] n., the place to which one is going or directed (điểm đến)
Ex: The Great Barrier Reef is a popular tourist destination this year
3. Distinguish v., to make noticeable or different (nhận ra, nhận biết) Distinguishable adj., distinguishably adv., (có thể nhận ra)
Ex: Suki was able to distinguish between the different types of jets on the runway
4. Economical [‚'ekə'nɑmɪkl /-nɒm-]adj., intended to save money, time, or effort (tiết kiệm)
Economy n., economize v.,(sự tiết kiệm)
5. Equivalent [ɪ'kwɪvələns] adj., equal (tương đương)
Ex: The food the airline serves in coach class is equivalent to that served in first class
6. Excursion [ɪk'skɜːʃn] n., a pleasure trip; a trip at a reduced fare (chuýen thăm quan)
Ex: The finance officer was pleased to find an excursion for the entire consulting team
7. Expensive [ɪk'spendsiv] adj., marked by high prices (đắt) Expense n., expensively adv., (chi phí)
Ex: A luxury vacation involes many expenses
8. Extend [ɪk'stend] v., to make longer; to offer (kéo dài, dành cho) Ex: We extended our vacation by a day
9. Prospective [prə'spektɪv] adj., likely to become or be (về sau, sắp tới) Ex: I narrowed my list of prospective destinations to my three top choices
10. Situation [‚sɪtjʊ'eɪʃn] n., the combination of circumstances at a given moment (vị trí, tình thế)
Ex: The vast number of different airfares available makes for a complicated situation
11. Substantial [səb'stænʃl] adj., considerable in importance, value degree amount, or extent (đáng kể, quan trọng)
Substance n., substantially adv.,(trọng yếu, quan trọng)
Ex: The airfares charged by different airlines are not substantially different
12. System ['sɪstəm] n., a functionally related group of elements (hệ thống) Ex: The airline system covers the entire world with flights
1. Comprehensive [‚kɑmprɪ'hensɪv /'kɒm-] adj., covering broadly; inclusive (bao gồm, bao hàm)
Comprehensiveness n., comprehensively adv.,(toàn diện)
Ex: Our travel agent gave us a comprehensive travel package, including rail passes
2. Deluxe adj., noticeably luxurious (thuộc loại sang trọng, xa xỉ) Ex: My parents decided to splurge on deluxe accommodation for their trip.
3. Directory [dɪ'rektərɪ] n., a book or collection of information or directions (danh mục, danh bạ)
Ex: We consulted the directory to see where the train station was located.
4. Duration [djʊə'reɪʃn] n., the time during which something lasts (khoảng thời gian)
Ex: Mother lend me her spare jacket for the duration of the trip.
5. Entitle [ɪn'taɪtl] v., to allow or qualify (cho quyền làm gì)
Ex: During the holiday rush, a train ticket entitled the passenger to a ride, but not necessarily a seat.
6. Fare [fer /feə] n., the money paid for transportation (tiền xe, tiền vé) Ex: The train fare has increased since I role last.
7. Offset ['ɔfset /'ɒf-]v., to counterbalance (đền bù, bù đắp)
Ex: The high cost of the hotel rom offset the savings we made by talking the train instead of the plane.
8. Operate ['ɑpəreɪt /'ɒp-] v., to perform a function (hoạt động) Operation n., operational adj.,(sự hoạt động)
Ex: The train operates on a punctual schedule.
9. Punctual ['pʌŋ(k)tʃʊəl] adj., prompt (đúng giờ) Punctuality n., punctually adv.,(tính đúng giờ)
Ex: Please be on time; the train leaves punctually at noon.
10. Relatively ['relətɪvlɪ] adv., somewhat (tương đối, vừa phải) Ex: The train station has been relatively busy for a weekday.
11. Remainder [rɪ'meɪndə(r)] n., the remaining part (phần còn lại)
Ex: We will move you to a less expensive room and credit the remainder of what you’re already paid to your charge card.
12. Remote [rɪ'məʊt] adj., far removed (xa xôi, tách biệt) Remoteness n., remotely adv.,(Sự xa xôi, rất xa)
Ex: I was surprised to find train service to such a remote location.
1. Advance / əd'vɑ:ns/ n., a move forward ( advance in something) sự cải tiến
Ex: Pablo has been promoted to assistant manager and he is happy with his advanced position
2. Chain / t∫ein/ n, a group of enterprises under a single control ( dãy, chuỗi, loạt. Các công việc kinh doanh do 1 người làm chủ)
Ex: The hotel being built in Seoul is the newest one in the chain
3. Check in [tʃekin] v., to register at a hotel; to report one’s presence (đăng ký ơ khách sạn, sự đăng ký đi máy bay)
Ex: Patrons check in at the hotel immediately upon their arrival
4. Confirm [kən'fɜːm] v., to validate ( xác nhận; chứ ng thưc̣ ) Confirmation n., confirmed adj.,
Ex: Jorge called the hotel to confirm that he had a room reservation
5. Expect [ɪk'spekt] v., to consider probable or reasonable (đoán trước, liệu trước) Expectation n., expectant adj.,
Ex: You can expect a clean room when you check in at a hotel
6. Housekeeper [haʊs'kɪːpə(r)] n., someone employed to do domestic work (quản gia)
Ex: The desk clerk is sending the housekeeper to bring more towels to your room
7. Notify ['nəʊtɪfaɪ] v., to report (thông báo, cho biết)
Ex: Lydia notified the hotel in writing that she was canceling her reservation.
8. Preclude [prɪ'kluːd] v., to make impossible; to rule out (ngăn cản) Ex: The horrible rainstorm precluded us form travelling any further
9. Quote [kwəʊt] v., to give exact information on; n., a quotation (trích dẫn) Quotation n., quotable adj., (lời trích dẫn)
Ex: We were quoted a price of $89 for the room for one night
10. Rate [reɪt] n., the payment or price according to a standard (giá (cả)) Ex: The sign in the lobbly lists the seasonal rates
11. Reserve [rɪ'zɜrv /-'zɜːv] v., to set aside (dự trữ, dự phòng, để dành) Reservation n., in reserve n., (đặt chỗ trước)
Ex: I know I made a reservation for tonight, but the hotel staff has no record of it in the system
12. Service ['sɜrvɪs /'sɜːvɪs] n., useful functions (dịch vụ) Ex: Mr.Fork called room service to order a late- night snack
1. Busy ['bɪzɪ] adj., engaged in activity (bận) Ex: Alfred was busy getting ready for his vacation.
2. Coincide [‚kəʊɪn'saɪd] v., to happen at the same time (xảy ra trùng khớp, đồng thời)
Coincidence n., coincidentally adv., (trùng hợp ngẫu nhiên)
Ex: My cousin’s wedding coincided with a holiday weekend, and so it was a perfect time to rent a car and go for a drive.
3. Confusion [kən'fjuːz] n., a lack of clarity, order, or understanding (nhầm lẫn, bối rối)
Ex: There was some confusion about which rental discount coupons applied to which car rental agency.
4. Contact ['kɒntækt] v., to get in touch with (liên hệ với ai)
Ex: Last night I was contacted by my travel agent whi said he had found a better price on a car rental.
5. Disappoint [‚dɪsə'pɔɪnt]v., to fail to satisfy the hope, desire, or expectation of (làm thất vọng)
Ex: I hate to disappoint you, but I can’t allow you to rent a car unless you have a major credit card.
6. Intend [ɪn'tend] v., to have in mind (dự định) Intention n., intent adj.,
Ex: Do you intend to return the car to this location or to another location.
7. License ['laɪsns] n., the legal permission to do or own a specified thing (cấp phép, giấy phép)
Ex: You will need a license in order to run this business.
8. Nervous ['nɜrvəs /'nɜːvəs] adj., easily agitated or distressed; uneasy or apprehensive (hồi hộp, lo lắng)
Nervousness n., nervously adv.,
Ex: I looked around nervously the entire time I was in the dark parking garage.
9. Optional ['ɑpʃənl /'ɒp-] adj., not compulsory or automatic (tùy ý, ko bắt buộc) Ex: Having a driver’s license is not optional.
10. Tempt [tempt] v., to be inviting or attractive to (lôi kéo, xúc giục) Temptation n., tempting adj.,
Ex: Gina is tempted to rent the smaller car to save a few dollars.
11. Thrill [θrɪl] n., the source or cause of excitement or emotion (rùng mình, rùng rợn li kỳ)
Ex: The throught of renting a sports car gave John a thrill.
12. Tier [tɪr /tɪə] n., a rank or class (dãy, tầng, lớp)
Ex: If you are on a budget, I suggest you think about renting a car from our lowest tier.
1. Attain [ə'teɪn] v., to achieve (đạt được, giành được) Attainment n., attainable adj.,
Ex: The attainment of an Academy Award validates a performer;s career
2. Combine [kəm'baɪn] v., to come together (kết hợp, phối hợp) Ex: The director combined two previously separate visual techniques
3. Continue [kən'tɪnjuː] v., to maintain without interruption (tiếp tục) Continuation n., continual adj.,
Ex: The film continues the story set out in an earlier film
4. Description [dɪ'skrɪpʃn] n., a representation in words or pictures (sự mô tả, diễn tả)
Describe v., descriptive adj.,
Ex: The description of the film did not match what we saw on screen
5. Disperse [dɪ'spɜːs ] v., to spread widely, to scatter (phân tán)
Ex: The crowd outside the movie premiere would not disperse until they had seen the movies stars
6. Entertainment [‚entə(r)'teɪmənt] n., a diverting performance or activity (sự giải trí)
Entertain v., entertaining adj.,
Ex: The movie was provided for our entertainment
7. Influence ['ɪnflʊəns] v., to alter or affect (ảnh hưởng, tác động) Ex: The editor’s style influenced a generation of film editors
8. Range [reɪndʒ] [reɪndʒ] n., the scope (phạm vi, trình độ, lĩnh vực) Ex: The range of the director’s vision is impressive
9. Release [rɪ'lɪːs] v., to make available to the pubic; to give permission for performance (công bố, phát hành)
Ex: The film was finally released to movie theaters after many years
10. Represent [‚reprɪ'zent] v., to typify (đóng, diễn kịch)
Ex: The actor’s reprensentation of his character did not seem authentic
11. Separate ['sepəreɪt] adj., detached; kept apart (tách bạch, tách tiêng) Ex: Each scene of the movie was filmed separately form the others
12. Successive [sək'sesɪv] adj., following in order (liên tục liên tiếp) Ex: The script went through successive rewites
1. Acting ['æktɪŋ] n., the series of events that form the plot of a story or play (thủ vai, diễn xuất)
Ex: The action on stage was spellbinding.
2. Approach [ə'prəʊtʃ] v. to go near; to come close to in appearance or quality; n., a way or means of reaching something (tiếp cận, lại gần)
Approachable adj., approach n.,
Ex: The performance approaches perfection.
3. Audience ['ɔːdjəns] n., the spectators at a performance (khán giả) Ex: The audience cheered the actors as they walked off the stage.
4. Create [kriː'eɪt] v., to produce through artistic or imaginative effort (sáng tạo)
Creation n., creative adj.,
Ex: There are a number of creative people writing for the theater these day.
5. Dialogue [daiəlɒg] n., a conversation between two or more persons (giai thoại, hội thoại)
Ex: The actors performed the dialogue without using script.
6. Element ['elɪmənt] n., fundamental or essential constituent (yếu tố, nguyên tố)
Ex: The audience is an essential element of live theater.
7. Experience [ɪk'spɪərɪəns] n., an event or a series of events participated in or lived through v.,(chi tiết)
Ex: The experience of live theater is very thrilling.
8. Occur [ə'kɜr /ə'kɜː] v., to take place; to come about (xuất hiện, nảy ra)
Ex: The murder in the play occurs in the second act.
9. Perform [pər'fɔrm /pə'fɔːm] v., to act before an audience, to give a public presentation of (diễn xuát)
Performance n., performer n., (biểu diễn, trình diễn) Ex: Juan performed the role without forgeting any lines.
10. Rehearse [rɪ'hɜrs /-'hɜːs] v., to practice in preparation for a public performance; to direct in rehearsal (Diễn tập)
Ex: The director rehearses with the actors ten hours each day.
11. Review [rɪ'vjuː] n., a critical estimate of a work or performance; v., writing a criticism of a performance (Sự phê bình, lời phê bình)
Ex: The newspaper sent a rank amateur to review the play.
12. Sold out [səʊld aʊt] adj., having all tickets or accommodations completely sold, especially ahead of time; v., to sell all the tickets (hết vé)
Ex: The Broadway opening sold out months in advance.
1. Available [ə'veɪləbl] adj., ready for use; willing to serve (sẵn sàng để dùng) Ex: I checked the list of available compact discs before ordering
2. Broad [brɔːd] adj., covering a wide scope (rộng rãi, rõ ràng) Ex: Dominique wants to broaden her knowledge of opera history
3. Category ['kætɪgərɪ] n., a division in a system of classification; a general class of ideas (hạng, loại)
Categorize v., categorical adj.,(phân loại xác thực) Ex: Jazz is one of many categories of music
4. Disparate ['dɪspərət] adj., fundamentally distinct or different (khác loại) Ex: In the song, the disparate voices hauntingly join a blended chorus
5. Divide [dɪ'vaɪd] v., to separate into parts (phân chia)
Ex: The music class was evenly divided between those who liked country and western music and those who do not
6. Favorite ['feɪvərɪt] adj., preferred (ưa thích) Favorable adj., favorably adv.,
Ex: Sam enjoys the works of several composers but he tends to favor Mozart
7. Instinct ['ɪnstɪŋkt] n., an inborn pattern that is a powerful motivation (bản năng)
Ex: The music lover followed his instincts and collected only music that he enjoyed
8. Preference ['prefərəns] n., someone or something liked over another or others (sự ưa thích, thích cái gì hơn)
Prefer v., preferential adj.,
Ex: He preferred contemporary music to anty other type
9. Reason ['rɪːzn] n., the basis or motive for a action; an underlying fact or cause (lý do)
Ex: We’ll never understand the reason why some music is popular and some is not
10. Relaxation [‚rɪːlæk'seɪʃn] n., the act of reacting or the state of being relaxed; refreshment of body or mind (thư giãn)
Relax v., relaxed adj.,
Ex: Listening to soothing music before bedtime provides good relaxation
11. Taste [teɪst] n., the ability to discern what is excellent or appropriate (sở thích, thị hiếu)
Ex: This music does not appeal to my tastes, but Im old - fashioned
12. Urge [ɜrdʒ /ɜːdʒ] v., to advocate earnestly; a., a natural desire (thúc giục, giục giã)
Ex: His mother urged him to study the piano; the rest is musical history
1. Acquire [ə'kwaɪə] v., to gain possession of; to get by one’s own efforts (đạt được, thu được)
Ex: The museum acquired a van Gogh during heavy bidding.
2. Admire [əd'maɪə] v., to regard with pleasure; to have esteem or respect for (Khâm phục, hâm mộ)
Ex: I admire all the effort the museum put into organizing this wonderful exhibit.
3. Collection [kə'lekʃn] n., a group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together (bộ sưu tập)
Collect v., collector n.,
Ex: The museum’s collection kept two full time curators busy.
4. Criticism ['krɪtɪsɪzəm] n., an evaluation, especially of literary or other artistic works (sự phê bình, bình phẩm)
Criticize ['krɪtɪsaɪz] v., Phê bình critic n., (nhà phê bình)
Ex: The revered artist’s criticism of the piece was particularly insightful.
5. Express [ɪk'spres] v., to give an opinion or depict emotion (bày tỏ, biểu lộ tình cảm)
Ex: The photograph expresses a range of emotions.
6. Fashion ['fæʃn] n., the prevailing style or custom (thời trang)
Ex: The museum’s classical architecture has never gone out of fashion.
7. Leisure ['lɪːʒər /'leʒə] n., freedom from time-consuming duties; free time (thời gian rảnh rỗi)
Ex: We can go to the permanent collection at our leisure.
8. Respond [rɪ'spɑnd /-'spɒnd] v., to make a reply; to react (hồi âm, phúc đáp) Response n., responsive adj., (sự trả lời)
Ex: You should respond to the invitation to attend the museum gala.
9. Schedule ['skedʒʊl /'ʃedjuːl] n., a list of times of events; v., to enter on a schedule (lịch trình, kế hoạch làm việc)
Ex: The museum is scheduling a collection of works by Japanese masters.
10. Significant [sɪg'nɪfɪkənt] adj., meaningful; having a major effect; important (quan trọng, đáng kể)
Ex: The use of lambs to symbolize innocence is significant in Western Art.
11. Specialize ['speʃəlaɪz v., to concentrate on a particular activity (chuyên môn hóa)
Specialist n., specialized adj.,(chuyên gia)
Ex: The art historian specialized in Navajo rugs.
12. Spectrum ['spektrəm] n., a range of related qualities, ideas, or activities (sự phân bổ theo tính chất, số lượng, hành vi)
Ex: The whole spectrum of artistic expression was represented in the exhibit.
1. Assignment [ə'saɪnmənt] n., v., something, such as a task, that is assigned (nhiệm vụ, công việc)
Ex:The assigment has to be turned in before midnight
2. Choose [tʃuːz] v., to select one thing over another (lựa chọn) Choice n., choosy adj.,
Ex: I did not choose that candidate to be the editor of our student newspaper
3. Constant ['kɑnstənt /'kɒn-] n., something that is unchanging or invariable (trung thành, chung thủy)
Constitute n., to be the elements or parts of (tạo thành, thành lập, thiết lập)
Ex: People constantly look to the news to keep up to date on what is going on in the world
4. Decisive [dɪ'saɪsɪv] adj., characterized by decision and firmness (dứt khoát) Ex: All the different news sources constitute the media industry
5. Disseminate v., to scatter widely; to distribute (truyền bá phổ biến) Ex: The media diseminates news across the world
6. Impact ['ɪmpækt] n., a strong, immediate impression (ảnh hưởng, sự tác động) Ex: The impact of the news coverage is yet to be to be known
7. In-depth [ in depθ ] adj., in complete detail; thorough (tỷ mỉ, cẩn thận, chu đáo) Ex: The newspaper gave in depth coverage of the tragic bombing
8. Investigative [ɪn‚vestɪ'geɪtiv] adj., specializing in uncovering and reporting hidden information (điều tra)
Investigation n., investigate v.,
Ex: Reporters need to thoroughly investigate the facts before publising their stories
9. Link [lɪŋk] n., an association; a relationship (liên kết) Ex: The computer links will take you to today’s headlines
10. Subscribe [səb'skraɪb] v., to receive a periodical regularly on order (đặt mua một cái gì đó định kỳ)
Ex: Jill subscirbes to a gardening magazine
11. Subscription [səb'skrɪpʃn] n., subscribers n., (sự mua báo dài hạn, sự thuê bao điện thoại)
12. Thorough ['θɜrəʊ /'θʌrə] adj., exhaustively complete (tỉ mỉ, chu đáo) Thoroughness n., thoroughly adv.,
Ex: The story was the result of thorough research
1. Annual ['ænjʊəl] adj., yearly (xảy ra hàng năm) Ex: Everyone should get a physical exam annually.
2. Appointment [ə’pɔintmənt ] n., arrangements for a meeting; a position in a profession (cuộc hẹn)
Ex: To get the most out of your appointment, keep a log of your symptoms and concerns.
3. Assess [ə'ses] v., to determine the value or rate of something (ước định, định lượng)
Assessment n., assessable adj.,
Ex: The insurance rate Mr. Victor was assessed went up this year after he admitted that he had started smoking again.
4. Diagnose ['daɪəgnəʊz] v., to recognize a disease; to analyze the nature of something (chẩn đoán)
Diagnosis n. lời chuẩn đoán diagnostic adj., Triệu chứng
Ex: She diagnosed the problem as a failure to follow the directions for talking the medication.
5. Effective [ i‘fektiv] adj., producing the desired effect; being in effect (ảnh hưởng)
Ex: The new policies, effective the beginning of the fiscal year, change the amount charged to see the physician.
6. Instrument ['ɪnstrəmənt] n., a tool for precise work; the means whereby something is achieved (điều trị)
Ex: The senior physician carried his instruments in a black leather bag.
7. Manage ['mænɪdʒ] v., to handle; to deal with; to guide (giải quyết, xoay sở)
Ex: The head nurse’s ability to manage her staff through a difficult time caught the hospital administrator’s attention.
8. Prevent [prɪ'vent] v., to keep from happening; to hinder (chống lại, phòng chống) Prevention n., preventive
Ex: His full caseload prevented the doctor from talking on new patients.
9. Recommend [‚rekə'mend] v., to present as worthy; to endorse (giới thiệu) Recommendation n., recommendable adj.,
Ex: It is important to follow the doctor’s recommendations If you want to improve your health.
10. Record ['rekərd /'rekɔːd] v., to set down in writing; n., a official copy of documents (ghi lại, lưu lại)
Ex: Ms Han typed a written request for her medical records.
11. Refer [rɪ'fɜr /-'fɜː] v., to direct for treatment or information; to mention (chỉ định, liên quan đến)
Ex: I was referred to this specialist by the family practice nurse.
12. Serious ['sɪrɪəs /'sɪər-] adj., weighty (nghiêm trọng)
Ex: The impact of the serious news could be read on everyone’s face.
1. Aware /ə'weə/ adj., having knowledge ( có kiến thứ c hoăc
thứ c về ai/cái gì)
Ex: I was not aware that flossing my teeth could prevent a buildup of plaque.
2. Catch up [kætʃ ʌp] v., to bring up to date
Ex: The dental assistant caught up on her paperwork in between patients.
3. Distraction / dis'træk∫n/ n., the act of being turned away from the focus ( sự làm sao
lãng, sự làm lan
g đi, sự làm đứ t quan
g (mạch tư tưởng, công viêc
đang làm...); sự lan
g trí; điều xao lang)
Distract v. ( làm sao lãn g, làm lãng đi , làm lãng trí , làm rối bời , làm rối trí ), distracted adj.,
Ex: To provide a distraction from the noise, Luisa’s dentist offer her a pair of earphones.
4. Encouragement / in'kʌridʒmənt/ n., inspiration or support (niềm đôṇ g viên) Ex: Let me offer you some encouragement about your crooked teeth.
5. Evident /'evɪdənt / adj., easily seen or understood; obvious (hiển nhiên, rành rành) Evidence n., evidently adv.,
Ex: Unfortunately, his poor dental hygiene ia evident from a distance.
6. Habit /’hæbit/ n., a customary manner or practice ( thói quen, tâp
Habitual adj., habitually adv.,
Ex: The patient had a bit of grinding his teeth during his sleep.
7. Illuminate / i'lu:mineit/ v., to provide or brighten with light ( chiếu sáng, rọi sáng, soi sáng)
Ex: Let me turn on more lights to properly illuminate the back teeth.
8. Irritate / 'iriteit/ v., to chafe or inflame, to bother ( kích thích; làm tấy lên, làm rát) Irritation n., irritable adj.,
Ex: The broken tooth rubbed against my tongue, irritating it.
9. Overview / 'ouvəvju :/ n., a summary ; a survey ; a quick look ( sự miêu tả chung nhưng ngắ n goṇ ; cái nhìn khái quát; tổ ng quan)
Ex: I did a quick overview of your dental records shows a history of problem.
10. Position / pə'zi∫n/ n., the right or appropriate place (vị trí, chỗ (của một vật gì) Ex: Let me tilt your head to a more comfortable position for you.
11. Regularly / 'regjuləri/ adv., occurring at fixed intervals (ở những quãng cách hoặc thờ i gian đều đăṇ ; cách đều nhau)
Ex: She brushes regularly after every meal.
12. Restore v/ri’stɔ:/., to bring back to an original condition (Khôi phục lại) Ex: The cleaning restored the whiteness of my teeth.
1. Allow /ə'lau/ v., to let do or happen; to permit (cho, cấp cho, trợ cấp, cấp phát) Allowance n., allowable adj.,
Ex: My insurance does not allow me to choose my own hospital.
2. Alternative /ɔ:l'tə:nətiv/ n., the choice between two mutually exclusive possibilities (sự lựa chon (một trong hai))
Alternate v., alternatively adv.,
Ex: I’d like to discuss alternative treatments before I agree to anything.
3. Aspect /'æspekt/ n., a feature element; an appearance (vẻ bề ngoài; diện mạo, khía cạnh)
Ex: The right to chose their own doctor is an important aspect of health coverage for many people.
4. Concern /kən'sə:n/ v., to be of interest or importance to (lo lắng, băn khoăn; quan tâm)
Ex: Whenever I have health concerns, I call my doctor.
5. Emphasize ['emfəsaɪz] ('emfəsaiz v., to stress (nhấn mạnh) Emphasis n., emphatic adj.,
Ex: The nurse emphasized the importance of eatinga balanced diet.
6. Incur /in'kə:/ v., to acquire or come into (gánh chịu, chịu lấy) Ex: I incur substantial expenses that my health plan does not cover.
7. Personnel /,pə:sə'nel/ n., a group of employees or workers (cán bộ, nhân viên)
Ex: The office manager insisted that she needed more personnel to finish the project on time.
8. Policy /'pɔlisi/ n., a set of rules and regulations (chính sách, những điều khoản của Hợp đồng bảo hiểm)
Ex: Company policy did not provide for overtime pay
9. Portion /'pɔ:ʃn/ n., a section or quantity within a larger thing; a part of a whole (phân chia, khẩu phần)
Ex: a portion of my benefits is my health insurance
10. Regardless /ri'gɑ:dlis/ adv., in spite of (Bất chấp, không đếm xỉa tới, không chú ý tới)
Ex: Regardless of the cost, we all need health insurance
11. Salary ['sælərɪ] n., a fixed compensation paid regularly for work done; one’s pay (lương)
Ex: The receptionist believed that he worked too hard for such a small salary
12. Suitable /'sju:təbl/ adj., appropriate to a purpose or an occasion (thích hợp với) Suit v. Hợp với, suitably adv.,
Ex: I have finally found a health plan that suits my needs
1. Admit /əd'mit/ v., to permit to enter (hứa được, nhận được, có đủ chỗ cho Admittance n., admission n.,
Ex: The staff refused to admit the patient until he had proof of insurance.
2. Authorization /,ɔ:θərai'zeiʃn/ n., the act of sanctioning (sự cho quyền, sự cho phép)
Ex: The doctor suggested that she check with her insurance company to make sure it would authorize a lengthened hospital stay.
3. Designate /'dezignit/ v., to indicate or specify (chỉ rõ, định rõ) Designation n., designator n.,
Ex: The labels on the bags designated the type of blood they contained.
4. Escort /eskɔ:k - is'kɔ:t/ n., a person accompanying another to guide or protect (người bảo vệ; người dẫn đường; người đi theo)
Ex: Let’s see if there is an escort available to take you to the parking garage.
5. Identify /ai'dentifai/ v., to ascertain the name or belongings of (đồng nhất hoá, coi như nhau)
Identifiable adj., identification n.,
Ex : The tiny bracelets identifield each baby in the nusery.
6. Mission n., an inner calling to pursue an activity or perform a service (the missing (quân sự) những người mất tích)
Ex: The hospital chaplain took as his mission to visit every patient admitted each day.
7. Permit /'pə:mit/ v., to allow (cho phép) Permissible adj., permission n.,
Ex : Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the hospital.
8. Pertinent /'pɔ:tinənt/ adj., having relevance to the matter at hand (thích hợp, thích đáng, đúng chỗ; đi thẳng vào (vấn đề...)
Ex : The patient’s health record contained pertinent information, likes the dates admited for surgery.
9. Procedure /procedure/ n., a series of steps taken to accomplish an end (thủ tục) Ex: Call the hospital to schedule this procedure for tomorrow.
10. Result /ri'zʌlt/ n., an outcome (kết quả) Ex: Your lab results won’t be ready for us.
11. Statement /'steitmənt/ n., an accounting showing an amount due; a bill (sự bày tỏ, sự trình bày, sự phát biểu)
Ex: The billing statement was filed with the insurance company last month.
12. Usual /'ju: u l/ adj., ordinary, expected (thường, thông thường, thường lệ, thường dùng, dùng quen)
Ex: That kind of surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis.
1. Consult /kən'sʌlt/ v., to seek advice or information of (hỏi ý kiến, tham khảo) Consultation n., consultative adj.,
Ex: May I consult with you about a drug interaction case I have?
2. Control /kən'troul/ v., to exercise authoritative or dominating influence (kiểm tra, kiểm soát, thử lại)
Ex: To control the cost of this medication, you may get the generic version.
3. Convenient /kən'vi:njənt/ adj., suited or favorable to one’s purpose; easy to reach (tiện lợi, thuận lợi; thích hợp)
Convenience n., conveniently adv.,
Ex: Is this a convenient location for you to pick up your prescription?
4. Detect /di'tekt/ v., to discover or ascertain (dò ra, tìm ra, khám phá ra, phát hiện ra) Detection n., detectable adj.,
Ex: My doctor put me throught some simple tests to detect If I have asthma.
5. Factor /'fæktə/n., a contribution to an accomplishment, a result, or a process (nhân tố) Ex: Could my cat be a factor contributing to my asthma.
6. Interaction /,intər'ækʃn/ n., an influence; a mutual activity (tác động qua lại)
Ex: My pharmacist was concerned about the interaction of the two medications I was prescribed.
7. Limit n., the point beyond which something cannot proceed (giới hạn, hạn độ) Ex: My prescription has a limit of three refills.
8. Monitor v., to keep track of (giám sát)
Ex: The patient had weekly appointments so that the doctor could monitor her progress.
9. Potential /pə'tenʃəl/ adj., capable of being but not ye in existence; possible (tiềm năng)
Ex: To avoid any potential side effects from the medication, be sure to tell your doctor all the drugs you are currently talking.
10. Sample /'sɑ:mpl/ n., a portion, piece, or segment that is representative of a whole (mẫu, mẫu hàng)
Ex: The pharmacist gave Myra a few free samples of the allegry medication.
11. Sense /sens/n., a judgment; an intellectual interpretation (khả năng phán đoán)
Ex: The doctor had a good sense about what the problem was but wanted to get a second opinion.
12. Volunteer /,vɔlən'tiə/ n., one who performs a service without pay; v., to perform as a volunteer (người tình nguyện, người xung phong)
Volunteerism n., voluntary adj.,
Ex: Since Tom was felling so unwell, his son volunteered to pick up his prescription at the pharmacy for him.
****************************** THE END ********************************
• It + be + time + S + V (-ed, cột 2) / It’s +time +for someone +to do something (đã đến lúc ai đóphải làm gì...)
• It + takes/took+ someone + amount of time + to do something(làm gì... mất bao nhiêu thờigian...)
• To prevent/stop + someone/something + From + V-ing(ngăn cản ai/cái gì... không làm gì..)
• S + find+ it+ adj to do something(thấy ... để làm gì...)
• To prefer + Noun/ V-ing + to + N/ V-ing.(Thích cái gì/làm gì hơn cái gì/ làm gì)
• Would rather + V¬ (infinitive) + than + V (infinitive)(thích làm gì hơn làm gì)
• To be/get Used to + V-ing(quen làm gì)
• Used to + V (infinitive)(Thường làm gì trong qk và bây giờ không làm nữa)
• to be amazed at = to be surprised at + N/V-ing( ngạc nhiên về....)
• to be angry at + N/V-ing(tức giận về)
• to be good at/ bad at + N/ V-ing(giỏi về.../ kém về...)
• by chance = by accident (adv)(tình cờ)
• to be/get tired of + N/V-ing(mệt mỏi về...)
• can’t stand/ help/ bear/ resist + V-ing(không nhịn được làm gì...)
• to be keen on/ to be fond of + N/V-ing(thích làm gì đó...)
• to be interested in + N/V-ing(quan tâm đến...)
• to waste + time/ money + V-ing(tốn tiền hoặc tg làm gì)
• To spend + amount of time/ money + V-ing(dành bao nhiêu thời gian làm gì…)
• To spend + amount of time/ money + on + something(dành thời gian vào việc gì...)
• to give up + V-ing/ N(từ bỏ làm gì/ cái gì...)
• would like/ want/wish + to do something(thích làm gì...)
• have + (something) to + Verb(có cái gì đó để làm)
• It + be + something/ someone + that/ who(chính...mà...)
• Had better + V(infinitive)(nên làm gì....)
• hate/ like/ dislike/ enjoy/ avoid/ finish/ mind/ postpone/ practise/ consider/ delay/ deny/ suggest/ risk/ keep/ imagine/ fancy + V-ing,
• It’s + adj + to + V-infinitive(quá gì ..để làm gì)
• Take place = happen = occur(xảy ra)
• to be excited about(thích thú)
• to be bored with/ fed up with(chán cái gì/làm gì)
• There is + N-số ít, there are + N-số nhiều(có cái gì...)
• feel like + V-ing(cảm thấy thích làm gì...)
• expect someone to do something(mong đợi ai làm gì...)
• advise someone to do something(khuyên ai làm gì...)
• go + V-ing(chỉ các trỏ tiêu khiển..)(go camping...)
• leave someone alone(để ai yên...)
• By + V-ing(bằng cách làm...)
• want/ plan/ agree/ wish/ attempt/ decide/ demand/ expect/ mean/ offer/ prepare/ happen/hesitate/ hope/ afford/ intend/ manage/ try/ learn/ pretend/ promise/ seem/ refuse + TO + V-infinitive
• for a long time = for years = for ages(đã nhiều năm rồi)(dùng trong thì hiện tại hoàn thành)
• when + S + V(QkĐ), S + was/were + V-ing.
• When + S + V(qkd), S + had + Pii
• Before + S + V(qkd), S + had + Pii
• After + S + had +Pii, S + V(qkd)
• to be crowded with(rất đông cài gì đó...)
• to be full of(đầy cài gì đó...)
• To be/ seem/ sound/ became/ feel/ appear/ look/ go/ turn/ grow + adj(đây là các động từ tri giác có nghĩa là: có vẻ như/ là/ dường như/ trở nên... sau chúng nếu có adj và adv thì chúng ta phải chọn adj)
• except for/ apart from(ngoài, trừ...)
• as soon as(ngay sau khi)
• to be afraid of(sợ cái gì..)
• could hardly(hầu như không)( chú ý: hard khác hardly)
• Have difficulty + V-ing(gặp khó khăn làm gì...)
• Chú ý phân biệt 2 loại tính từ V-ed và V-ing: dùng -ed để miêu tả về người, -ing cho vật. và khi muốn nói vềbản chất của cả người và vật ta dùng –ing
• in which = where; on/at which = when
• Put + up + with + V-ing(chịu đựng...)
• Make use of + N/ V-ing(tận dụng cái gì đó...)
• Get + adj/ Pii
• Make progress(tiến bộ...)
• take over + N(đảm nhiệm cái gì...)
• Bring about(mang lại)
• Chú ý: so + adj còn such + N
• At the end of và In the end(cuối cái gì đó và kết cục)
LỜI GIỚI THIỆU.. 5
Lesson 1: Contracts. 1
Lesson 2: Marketing. 3
Lesson 3: Warranties (Sự bảo đảm) 5
Lesson 4: Business Planning 6
Lesson 5: Conferences (Hội nghị) 9
Lesson 6: Computers (Máy tính) 11
Lesson 7: Office Technology 13
Lesson 8: Office Procedures 15
Lesson 9: Electronics (Điện tử) 17
Lesson 10: Correspondence (Quan hệ thư từ) 19
Lesson 11: Job advertising and Recruiting (Quảng cáo việc làm và tuyển dụng) 21
Lesson 12: Applying and Interviewing (Xin việc và phỏng vấn) 23
Lesson 13: Hiring and Training (Mướn và đào tạo) 25
Lesson 14: Salaries and Benefits (Lương và trợ cấp) 27
Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions, and Awards (Sự thăng tiến, lương hưu và những giải thưởng) 29
Lesson 16: Shopping (Mua sắm) 31
Lesson 17: Ordering Supplies (Phiếu tiếp tế) 33
Lesson 18: Shipping (Vận tải đường thủy) 35
Lesson 19: Invoices (Hóa đơn) 37
Lesson 20: Inventory (Kiểm kê hàng hóa) 39
Lesson 21:Banking (Ngành ngân hàng) 41
Lesson 22: Accounting (Thanh toán) 43
Lesson 23: Investments (Đầu tư) 45
Lesson 24: Taxes (Nộp thuế) 47
Lesson 25: Financial Statements (Báo cáo tài chính) 49
Lesson 26. Property and Departments (Cơ quan quản lý bất động 51
Lesson 27. Board Meetings and Committees (Cuộc họp hội đồng 53
Lesson 28 Quality control (kiểm soát chất lượng) 55
Lesson 29 Product Development (phát triển sản phẩm) 57
Lesson 30 Renting and Leasing (thuê và cho thuê) 59
Lesson 31 Selecting a Restaurant (chọn lựa nhà hàng) 61
Lesson 32 Eating out (ăn bên ngoài) 63
Lesson 33 Ordering Lunch (gọi món ăn trưa) 65
Lesson 34 Cooking as a career (Nghề nấu ăn) 67
Lesson 35 Events (sự kiện) 69
Lesson 36 General Travel (du lịch tổng quan) 71
Lesson 37 Airlines (hàng không) 73
Lesson 38 Trains (tàu hỏa) 75
Lesson 39 Hotels (khách sạn) 77
Lesson 40 Car Rentals (cho thuê xe) 79
Lesson 41 Movies (Phim ảnh) 81
Lesson 42 Theater (nhà hát) 83
Lesson 43 Music (âm nhạc) 85
Lesson 44 Museums (Bảo tàng) 87
Lesson 45 Media (Phương tiện truyền thông) 89
Lesson 46 Doctor’s Office (phòng khám) 91
Lesson 47 Dentist’s office (Phòng Nha sĩ) 93
Lesson 48 Health Insurance (sự bả o hiểm sứ c khoẻ khi ố m) 95
Lesson 49 Hospitals (tổ chức từ thiện, tổ chức cứu tế) 97
Lesson 50 Pharmacy ('fɑ:məsi) Dược khoa 99
50 CẤU TRÚC CÂU TIẾNG ANH THÔNG DỤNG TRONG GIAO TIẾP: 100
Keywords:download filetype:pdf free,trung hieu,viet nga,600 essential words for the toeic,sach online,600 tu co ban danh cho luyen thi toeic